Nothing is better than freshly baked, warm, homemade bread! This fluffy vegan White Sandwich Bread is easy to make and smells amazing because it’s brushed with coconut oil – yasss!
Baking bread at home is one of the most awesome things ever! I love especially the smell of freshly baked bread in the apartment. It always makes me feel so fuzzy and happy!
I wanted to create a bread that was perfect for sandwiches, so I used my long baking pan, because it gives it this distinct form!
The bread itself is super fluffy and so heavenly good! I brushed the crust with coconut oil after the bread was baked in the oven – this made the crust softer and gave it that awesomely delicious smell and taste! Don’t miss out on a coconut oil brushed fluffy Vegan White Sandwich Bread!
Serve it with…
I ate some of the bread un-toasted – which was SO good and with the rest of the bread I made grilled cheese sandwiches. I’ve used Violife‘s Mozzarella-style slices and they were delicious! I had them for the first time because I just recently found them in an organic small supermarket – very promising stuff! Oh and I had tomato soup with the grilled cheese and it was the perfect combination! The bread is great for un-toasted sandwiches and grilled sandwiches alike!
- spreads (basic hummus, spinach hummus, potato cheese spread)
- creamy soups (carrot ginger soup, broccoli soup)
- stews (goulash, chili con carne)
- tomato bruschetta
Vegan White Sandwich Bread
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons instant yeast
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/4 cups lukewarm water
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- You have (at least) three ways of mixing your dough:
a) Mix all the ingredients (except the coconut oil) and knead by hand until a soft dough forms.
b) Put all the ingredients (except the coconut oil) in a bread baking machine and use the "dough"-program to let the machine knead the dough for you (I'm using the rise phases too!).
c) Put all the ingredients (except the coconut oil) in a kitchen machine and let the machine knead the dough for you.
- Pour about 1/2 teaspoon of coconut oil in the baking form and spread it so the dough won't stick to the baking pan.
- Fill the dough in the baking form (see notes for baking form measurements).
- Let it rise - covered under a clean kitchen towel (to prevent it from drying out) - until it doubles in size (about 1-2 hours).
- Preheat the oven to 200 °C / 400 °F.
- Then put the bread in the oven and take it out when the surface is golden. My bread took about 25 minutes (but it really depends on the oven)! You can knock on the top or bottom of the bread and when it sounds hollow it's done!
- I brushed the bread with the remaining coconut oil once it was done to make the crust a bit softer and to make it smell amazing!
Estimated Nutrition Info
So you may have noticed that I love to bake my own bread, you want to check out my other bread recipes?
Should you decide to give this white sandwich bread recipe a try I’d love to hear how it went! Write me a comment or post a picture on instagram, use the hashtag #elephantasticvegan and tag me via @elephantasticvegan to make sure I’ll see it ^.^ I love to see all your lovely creations! Thanks! <3