Nothing is better than freshly baked, warm, homemade bread! This fluffy vegan Sandwich Bread is easy to make and smells amazing!
Baking bread at home is one of the most rewarding things ever! I love the smell of freshly baked bread in the whole apartment. It always makes me feel so fuzzy and happy!
I wanted to create a bread that was perfect for sandwiches, so I used my long baking pan because it gives it this distinct form!
The bread itself is super fluffy and so heavenly good! I brushed the crust with coconut oil after the bread was baked in the oven – this made the crust softer and gave it that awesomely delicious smell and taste! Don’t miss out on a coconut oil brushed fluffy Vegan Sandwich Bread!
How to make vegan Sandwich Bread
You will need:
- all-purpose wheat flour
- instant yeast
- olive oil
- coconut oil
The basic steps
Serve it with…
I ate some of the bread un-toasted – which was SO good and with the rest of the bread I made grilled cheese sandwiches using Violife‘s Mozzarella-style slices and they were delicious! The bread is great for un-toasted sandwiches and grilled sandwiches alike!
- spreads (basic hummus, spinach hummus, potato cheese spread)
- creamy soups (carrot ginger soup, broccoli soup)
- stews (goulash, chili con carne)
- tomato bruschetta
More Bread Recipes you’ll love
Love it? Rate it!
I hope you enjoy this sandwich bread as much as I do! Let me know if you give it a try!
Vegan Sandwich Bread
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons instant yeast
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/4 cups lukewarm water
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- Combine the flour, instant yeast, and salt in a mixing bowl.
- Add the olive oil and water. Let a kitchen machine with a dough hook knead your dough (see alternatives in the recipe notes). You might have to add a bit more flour or water to get a smooth dough.
- Cover the bowl with a towel and let the dough rise for 2 hours.
- Once your dough has risen, preheat the oven to 200 °C / 400 °F.
- Slightly oil the loaf pan, then transfer the dough into the pan. Cover the loaf pan with a towel and let the dough rise for another 1/2 hour or so.
- Bake the bread in the oven for about 25 minutes. You can knock on the top or bottom of the bread and when it sounds hollow it's done!
- Brush the crust with coconut oil after baking to make it softer and for an amazing smell!
- Combine the dry ingredients, then add the wet ingredients (except the coconut oil) and stir with a spoon, then knead by hand until a soft dough forms.
- Put all the ingredients (except the coconut oil) in a bread baking machine and use the “dough”-program to let the machine knead the dough for you (I’m using the rise phases too!).
- Put all the ingredients (dry first, then wet) (except the coconut oil) in a kitchen machine and let the machine knead the dough for you.