These spicy Cauliflower Wings are the perfect game day snack! The breaded & fried cauliflower wings tossed in hot sauce can made everything from just a little spicy to spicy af – depending on your preference!
This is a hot & spicy version of my breaded & fried cauliflower nuggets recipe. And they turned out so much better than I ever expected.
You know that feeling when you cook something and immediately think, “These are amazing. I should sell these!” Well… I’m definitely thinking of opening up a cauliflower wings shop. haha! That would be amazing!
So if you want to impress friends, family etc., these spicy cauliflower wings are the way to go!
You can adjust the spiciness level to your preference. Simply add more sriracha (or an even hotter sauce if you dare) when you coat the fried cauliflower wings.
Served with vegan mayo and sprinkled with cilantro, these are the perfect snack for game day get-togethers or parties!
How to make Spicy Cauliflower Wings
As always, you can find the whole recipe at the end of the post. But here’s an overview of the ingredients you will need:
- frying oil (strain leftover-oil and reuse it!)
- for the batter:
- and spices
- for the breading:
- fine breadcrumbs,
- panko flakes,
- flour (to make sure the cauliflower florets are coated completely),
- and spices
- for the hot sauce:
- apple cider vinegar
- maple syrup
If you don’t have panko flakes at home, no worries, just use more fine breadcrumbs! If you’re missing some of the spices, feel free to experiment with what you have!
The basic steps
Step 1: Break the cauliflower into florets.
Step 2: Dip cauliflower florets into the batter.
Step 3: Coat the battered cauliflower florets in breadcrumbs.
Step 4: Fry the breaded cauliflower until golden brown (8 minutes). Place them on a paper towel to remove excess oil.
Step 5: Add the fried cauliflower wings into a bowl and add the hot sauce.
Step 6: Carefully shake the bowl until the wings are coated in the hot sauce.
More Cauliflower Recipes you will love
Love it? Rate it!
I hope you enjoy these spicy cauliflower wings as much as I do! Let me know if you give them a try!
Spicy Cauliflower Wings
- 1 head cauliflower
- frying oil
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika powder
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup fine breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup panko flakes
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons paprika powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 4 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 4 tablespoons maple syrup
- 4 tablespoons sriracha (add more sriracha for spicier wings)
- Break the cauliflower in florets and wash them.
- For the batter: In a bowl, combine the flour, salt, and paprika powder. Add water and whisk until it's a smooth batter.*
- For the breading: Combine all the ingredients listed above for the breading in a bowl.
- Heat the frying oil in a pot or small wok.** Make sure you don't fill the pot more than half the height of the pot to prevent oil from spilling over.
- Then take one cauliflower floret at the stem, dip it in the batter, then in the breading (make sure it's coated well), then carefully lower it into the oil. Work in batches (4-8 nuggets depending on the size of your pot). Let them fry for 8 minutes until golden brown.
- Transfer the cauliflower nuggets onto a paper towel to remove excess oil. Repeat until you've used up all the cauliflower florets.
- For the hot sauce: Whisk together the apple cider vinegar, maple syrup and sriracha.
- Add the cauliflower wings into a large bowl, then pour over the hot sauce. Carefully shake to coat them. And enjoy! Serve them with e.g. mayo and sprinkle with fresh cilantro!