Make your hummus green by adding fresh spinach! This vegan, oil-free, and gluten-free spinach hummus is perfect to enjoy with crackers, veggies, bread chips.
I know, I know, vegans and hummus, it’s so cliché! But I can’t help myself. Those hummus cravings are for real!
I eat hummus on a regular basis. Most of the time, I make my basic hummus recipe, but when I’m feeling extra fancy, I’m mixing in ingredients to make colorful hummus, like turmeric for golden hummus, red beet juice for pink hummus or like in this case, fresh spinach for green hummus.
I’ve also tweaked the basic hummus recipe a bit, to make this green hummus oil-free. But you wouldn’t know the difference. It tastes just as good!
This Spinach Hummus is:
- naturally colored with spinach
- ready in 5 minutes
- the perfect dip for parties!
You can use a blender or a food processor for making hummus. Usually, I’ve been using my food processor for that, but lately, I’ve really started to like hummus made in a blender because I think it’s even creamier and softer.
But there’s only one way to find out which one you like more: try it out! And let me know in the comments. I’d love to know if you’re team #blender or #foodprocessor.
Serve this hummus with
- bread chips (pictured below)
- homemade crackers
- raw veggies like carrot sticks
- za’atar breadsticks
- corn tortilla chips
- spread it on bread slices
- use it in wraps or burgers as a sauce alternative
More vegan recipes for you
- 10+ Vegan Spinach Recipes
- Homemade Hummus with Parsley
- Curry Hummus
- Za’atar Hummus
- Roasted Pumpkin Hummus
Love it? Rate it!
I hope you will enjoy this hummus as much as I do! Let me know if you give it a try!
And don’t forget to rate the recipe if you like it, this helps other users figure out if they are worth a try!
Oil-Free Spinach Hummus
- 17 oz canned chickpeas – rinsed and drained
- 1 1/2 cups fresh spinach (tightly packed)
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 1 teaspoon salt (and more to taste)
- 3 teaspoons lime juice
- 1/2-3/4 cup water (add more if it’s too thick)
- 1/2 teaspoon black sesame seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon white sesame seeds