Make your hummus green by adding fresh spinach! This vegan, oil-free and gluten-free spinach hummus is perfect to enjoy with crackers, veggies, bread chips.
I know, I know, vegans and hummus, it’s so cliché! But I can’t help myself. Those hummus cravings are for real!
I eat hummus on a regular basis. Most of the times I make my basic hummus recipe, but when I’m feeling extra fancy, I’m mixing in ingredients to make colorful hummus like turmeric for golden hummus, red beet juice for pink hummus or like in this case, fresh spinach for green hummus.
I’ve also tweaked the basic hummus recipe a bit, to make this green hummus oil-free. But you wouldn’t know the difference. It tastes just as good!
This Spinach Hummus is
- naturally colored with spinach
- ready in 5 minutes
- the perfect dip for parties!
You can use a blender or a food processor for making hummus. Usually, I’ve been using my food processor for that, but lately I’ve really started to like hummus made in a blender, because I think it’s even creamier and softer. But there’s only one way to find out which one you like more: try it out! And let me know in the comments. I’d love to know if you’re team #blender or #foodprocessor.
Serve this hummus with
- bread chips (pictured below)
- homemade crackers
- raw veggies like carrot sticks
- za’atar breadsticks
- corn tortilla chips
- spread it on bread slices
- use it in wraps or burgers as a sauce alternative
Oil-Free Spinach Hummus
- 17 oz canned chickpeas - rinsed and drained
- 1 1/2 cups fresh spinach (tightly packed)
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 1 teaspoon salt (and more to taste)
- 3 teaspoons lime juice
- 1/2-3/4 cup water (add more if it's too thick)
- 1/2 teaspoon black sesame seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon white sesame seeds
Estimated Nutrition Info
Did you make this oil-free Spinach Hummus? Tag @elephantasticvegan on instagram and use the hashtag #elephantasticvegan to make sure I’ll see it :)