Recipe for homemade Hummus – an absolute classic in a vegetarians & vegans diet. Made with canned chickpeas. Super easy to make (under 5 minutes).
Nothing special here, just my favorite basic Hummus recipe coming through. Every vegetarian/vegan food blog needs its own chickpea spread recipe, so here it is. It’s super simple, super easy and super basic, nothing too fancy but it sure tastes amazing! Whenever I have friends coming over, I serve this hummus with homemade crackers. It’s excellent to bring to BBQs and parties too!
Hummus allows so many variances like mix in some coriander or tomatoes, paprika, olives, beets, pumpkin,… The possibilities for giving it a new twist each time seem endless :)
Making the chickpea spread couldn’t be any easier. Just throw everything together in your food processor or blender and blend until smooth. And ready is your Hummus – perfect for dipping, for spreading on bread slices or whatever you have planned.
More Hummus Recipes for you
Love it? Rate it!
I hope you will enjoy this Hummus as much as I do! Let me know if you give it a try!
And don’t forget to rate the recipe if you like it, this helps other users figure out if it’s worth making!
Basic Homemade Hummus
- 17 oz canned chickpeas , rinsed and drained
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 3/4 teaspoon salt (and more to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup water (add more if it's too thick)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon black sesame seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon white sesame seeds
- Put all the ingredients for the Basic Homemade Hummus in your blender or food processor.
- Blend until smooth (add more water if the consistency is too thick).
- Top with olive oil, white and black sesame seeds and chopped parsley. Enjoy!