If you haven’t had homemade bread yet, you’re missing out! Make this vegan Mixed Flour Carrot Bread and you’ll be rewarded with a soft, fluffy and flavorful bread.
Wanting to include more whole-wheat flours into my diet, I have been making this adjusted version of the basic white bread recipe for quite some time now. To make it more soft and colorful, I added some carrot shreds.
The bread really isn’t too difficult to make. Just combine all the dry ingredients, add the oil and water and mix and knead. Or be lazy, like me, and let the Kitchen Aid do the kneading for you. Then let the dough rise. After 2-3 hours (it will take less time if it’s warmer) you can form the loaf, crave the surface and bake it until golden and crisp on the outside.
Serve it with…
- spreads (basic hummus, spinach hummus, potato cheese spread)
- creamy soups (carrot ginger soup, broccoli soup)
- stews (goulash, chili con carne)
The bread is really good and full of flavor! My favorite uses for it is to eat it for breakfast with vegan cream cheese, plain when it’s still warm or with hummus and cucumber slices. As you can see, you can’t really go wrong with this Carrot Bread.
See all those seeds? The flaxseeds, crushed cumin and of course the carrot shreds make this bread super flavorful.
Mixed Flour Carrot Bread
- Combine all of the dry ingredients for the bread (including the carrot shreds) in a mixing bowl (if you have a kitchen machine you can use that). Then add the olive oil and water. Mix and knead all the ingredients together until a soft dough forms.
- Let it sit covered under a clean kitchen towel until it doubles in size (2-3 hours).
- Preheat the oven to 500 °F/250 °C .
- On a baking tray lined with parchment paper, form the loaf and carve the surface of the dough lightly with a knife.
- Then bake the bread in the oven and take it out once the surface is golden. It will take about 20-25 minutes. You can knock on the bottom of the bread: when it sounds hollow it's done!
Estimated Nutrition Info
If you give this Mixed Flour Carrot Bread a try I’d love to hear how it went! Write me a comment or post a picture on instagram, use the hashtag #elephantasticvegan and tag me via @elephantasticvegan to make sure I’ll see it ^.^ I love to see all your lovely creations! Thanks! <3