Vegan Tomato Bruschetta – a healthy and light lunch, appetizer, dinner or breakfast idea! Includes the recipe for the vegan bread!
Tomato – Basil – Arugula is such a killer combo! So don’t miss out on that!
- 6 sandwich slices (you can use the basic bread recipe)
- 6 tomatoes
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- ground pepper
- fresh arugula to top
- fresh basil to top
- Wash the tomatoes, quarter them, remove stem & seeds and cut in small cubes.
- Peel and mince the garlic clove.
- Put the tomato cubes in a container, add the minced garlic, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper. Close the container and give it a good shake.
- Put it in the fridge, best is overnight, so the tomatoes take up the flavors of the spices and the balsamic vinegar.
- The next day, toast the white bread slices, add the Bruschetta on the bread slices and top it with the arugula and basil.
Should you be making this delicious Bruschetta, I’d love to hear how it went! Write me a comment or post a picture on instagram and tag me via @elephantasticvegan to make sure I’ll see it ^.^