Vegan Sandwich Bread
Nothing is better than freshly baked, warm, homemade bread! This fluffy vegan Sandwich Bread is easy to make and smells amazing!
Servings 1 loaf of bread (750g)
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons instant yeast
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/4 cups lukewarm water
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
Combine the flour, instant yeast, and salt in a mixing bowl.
Add the olive oil and water. Let a kitchen machine with a dough hook knead your dough (see alternatives in the recipe notes). You might have to add a bit more flour or water to get a smooth dough.
Cover the bowl with a towel and let the dough rise for 2 hours.
Once your dough has risen, preheat the oven to 200 °C / 400 °F.
Slightly oil the loaf pan, then transfer the dough into the pan. Cover the loaf pan with a towel and let the dough rise for another 1/2 hour or so.
Bake the bread in the oven for about 25 minutes. You can knock on the top or bottom of the bread and when it sounds hollow it's done!
Brush the crust with coconut oil after baking to make it softer and for an amazing smell!
The baking form I used has the following dimensions: 11 x 4 inches / 30*10cm.
You have (at least) three ways of mixing your dough:
- Combine the dry ingredients, then add the wet ingredients (except the coconut oil) and stir with a spoon, then knead by hand until a soft dough forms.
- Put all the ingredients (except the coconut oil) in a bread baking machine and use the "dough"-program to let the machine knead the dough for you (I'm using the rise phases too!).
- Put all the ingredients (dry first, then wet) (except the coconut oil) in a kitchen machine and let the machine knead the dough for you.
Serving: 1loaf | Calories: 2056kcal | Carbohydrates: 391g | Protein: 61g | Fat: 25g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Sodium: 1782mg | Potassium: 764mg | Fiber: 20g | Sugar: 1g | Calcium: 75mg | Iron: 24mg