Easy Vegan Broccoli Soup with Garlic Croutons – the perfect comforting dish for rainy days! I love how vibrant this soup is!
This Vegan Broccoli Soup with Garlic Croutons is not only super easy to make but also super quick! 25 minutes of time and a couple of basic ingredients is all you need. Then creamy, dreamy soup perfection awaits you.
Broccoli is without doubt one of my favorite veggies ever. Is it the vibrant green color? Or because they look like tiny trees? Or because broccoli is so versatile and goes great with so many different veggies? It’s probably a combination of all of these!
If you think you’ve seen this photo before, you’re probably right! Because this amazingly green soup is on the cover of my very first cookbook: The Veginner’s Cookbook. And while speaking of cookbooks… there’s news! My second cookbook (Cravings Made Vegan) will be published in January 2019! So excited!! I’ll keep you updated!
The Ingredients for Vegan Broccoli Soup
Here’s what you will need for the broccoli soup:
- full-fat coconut milk
and here’s an overview of the ingredients for the garlic croutons:
- bread cubes (you can also cut old bread in cubes yourself)
- olive oil
- garlic powder
How to make Creamy Broccoli Soup
As always, you can find the complete recipe in the box at the end of the post. But here are the basic steps:
- Boil the broccoli until soft.
- Transfer broccoli, some of the broccoli water, coconut milk, parsley, and salt in a blender. Blend (make sure you check out my tips on how to blend hot liquids in the recipe notes).
- Transfer the soup back to the pot to reheat and enjoy!
Easy Vegan Broccoli Soup
Ingredients for the Broccoli Soup
- 4 cups water
- 1 head broccoli
- 1/4 cup full-fat canned coconut milk + more for swirls
- 1 small bunch parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt + more to taste
Ingredients for the Garlic Croutons
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1/2 cups bread cubes
- In a large pot, bring the water to a boil.
- Chop the broccoli in florets, wash them, and add them to the boiling water. Let them cook for about 7 minutes until softened.
- Use a slotted spoon to transfer the soft broccoli to a blender. Add 2 cups of the broccoli water, parsley, coconut milk, 1/2 teaspoon of salt. Blend until smooth. Check out Recipe Notes below for how to prevent blended hot liquids from exploding all over your kitchen. Preferably, also let the hot liquid cool down before blending.
- For the garlic croutons, add olive oil, salt, garlic powder, and bread cubes into a pan and pan-fry the bread cubes until golden on all sides.
- Once you’re happy with the taste of the soup (add more salt to taste), reheat the soup in the pot, pour it into bowls, add the coconut milk swirls, top with garlic croutons, and serve.
Saturday 20th of June 2020
so very easy to make! Thank you.
Friday 29th of May 2020
Wow it’s so easy Is it ok if i used oat milk or anything instead of coconut milk?
Saturday 30th of May 2020
I wouldn't necessarily recommend it because the soup will end up very thin, but let me know if you give it a try!
Friday 10th of April 2020
Yummy! I did add some garlic and onion powder as well as a bit of veggie stock powder as I was worried it might be a bit too 'green' flavoured for me. Nutritional yeast to add cheesy flavour and a potato to thicken it up. Warming and delicious 😊
Thursday 23rd of January 2020
How big is a serving size please? I need to make a huge amount of this soup (enough for 60 - I own a non-profit for seniors and disabled) but I'm curious what your serving size is. Since we use soup as an appetizer we use an 8 ounce container but most actual soup bowls are around 350ml/10 ounces or so. Hoping to get an answer soon since I have to make this in 5 days!!!
Saturday 8th of December 2018
Yummy this looks good. Soups are so great in winter :) Greetings Dorie from www.thedorie.com