Recipe for a vegan Carrot Ginger Soup with pumpkin seed oil swirls on top. Ginger gives this perfect fall soup spice. It’s also gluten-free!
This vegan Carrot Ginger Soup is the perfect meal for fall days. I’m usually more a summer person but this year the summer in Austria was extremely hot (I think it was the hottest summer since the documentation of temperatures?), so I don’t mind the cooler temperatures. This also means: soups! This year I’ll focus on creamy soups because I’ve bought a new blender and want to put it to good use.
One part of the ginger will be cooked and blended in the soup and the other part will be grated for the soup topping.
I’ve roasted the carrots & ginger in a pot until slightly brown and the added the water, boiled and blended it. Super easy!
In my opinion, creamy soups need fancy swirls! In this case, I’ve used pumpkin seed oil to create a nice contrast and a fuller flavor profile. It goes really well with the slight spiciness of the ginger and the mild carrot taste.
Vegan Carrot Ginger Soup
- 4 carrots
- 1- inch slice of ginger
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- pumpkin seed oil for swirls
- 1/2 teaspoon shredded coconut , unsweetened
- Peel the ginger and grate half of it and save it for later. Chop up the rest of the ginger in small pieces. Peel and cut the carrot in thick slices.
- In a pot, heat the coconut oil and add in the chopped carrots & ginger and roast until it starts to get brown. Add the water and let it boil for about 10 minutes.
- Let it cool off a bit before pouring it into a blender and blending it for about a minute until super fine and creamy (if the mixture is still hot, take off the middle part of the lid and close it with a kitchen towel).
- Pour the soup back in the pot, heat it up and slowly add the salt to taste (I've used 1/2 teaspoon).
- When the soups hot, serve, top it with the grated ginger and shredded coconut and make pretty swirls with the pumpkin seed oil. Enjoy!
Estimated Nutrition Info
Should you decide to give this vegan and gluten-free Carrot Ginger Soup a try I’d love to hear how it went! Write me a comment or post a picture on instagram, use the hashtag #elephantasticvegan and tag me via @elephantasticvegan to make sure I’ll see it ^.^ I love to see all your lovely creations! Thanks! <3