These Oven Baked Potato Slices are easy to make and versatile. You can serve them as a side dish or with a dip as a snack! They are crispy on the outside and soft on the inside.
Initially, I didn’t want to post this recipe for Potato Slices on the blog because it’s too easy – too simple. But whenever I post my lunch on Instagram and it contains potato slices as a side dish, I receive so many messages asking me for the recipe. So here it goes.
For simple and delicious potato slices you’ll need:
- russet potatoes
- olive oil
- black pepper (optional)
Instead of black pepper, you can also add rosemary, everything bagel seasoning, paprika powder, chili flakes… whatever you feel like!
How to make the perfect crispy Oven Baked Potato Slices
I love how simple these baked potato rounds are. They are thinner and therefore bake through quicker than regular potato wedges. This is why I prefer making them when I need a quick potato side dish.
Serve the potato slices …
as a snack with a dipping sauce:
- smoky & meaty tomato dip
- cilantro lemon sunflower seed dip
- vegan tartar sauce
- roasted pumpkin hummus
as a side dish with:
- hot dogs with homemade seitan sausages
- tofish (vegan fish made out of tofu)
- seitan schnitzel or TVP schnitzel
- mushroom burgers
Love it? Rate it!
I hope you enjoy these baked sliced potatoes as much as I do! Let me know if you give them a try!
Oven Baked Potato Slices
- 4 medium russet potatoes
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- cracked pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400°F/200°C.
- Peel the potatoes. Wash them. Pat them dry. Slice them thinly and evenly with a knife or even better: with a mandoline slicer.
- Place the potato slices on a baking tray lined with parchment paper. Add the olive oil, salt, and cracked pepper on top. Mix the potatoes around until they are all coated. I usually fold one side of the parchment paper over and swirl them around (that way I don’t have to get my hands or a spoon oily). Lay them flat on the parchment paper without overlapping each other.
- Bake the potato slices in the oven for about 20 minutes or until golden. Enjoy as a side dish or as a delicious snack with a dip!