Attention cilantro lovers (cilantro haters, move one, there’s nothing to see here for you :P), I’ve got the perfect dip for you! It’s a vegan, gluten-free and nut-free Cilantro Lemon Sunflower Seed Dip. Sunflower seeds are great for the base of this dip, because they are reasonably priced and they get soft, when soaked in water, quickly. Sunflower seeds are my ultimate go-to dipping base.
I always found cilantro to be tasting weird and soapy until I had it a couple of times (mostly in summer rolls) and suddenly .. BAM .. I was a cilantro lover! And now I want to put it on anything.
I’d recommend using a high-speed blender for making this recipe – I used my Omniblend and absolutely love how creamy and airy it turned out.
This dip is so full of flavor! Below you’ll find a little sneak peek of upcoming recipes using this super yummy Cilantro Lemon Sunflower Seed Dip. It’s the perfect addition for homemade plantain chips, baked samosas or savory strudels.
- 1 cup sunflower seeds
- ⅔ cup water + more for soaking
- lemon zest from 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ⅓ cup chopped cilantro
- Soak the sunflower seeds in water for about 1-2 hours.
- Drain the sunflower seeds, fill them in the blender and add ⅔ cup fresh water, lemon juice, lemon zest, salt and cilantro. Blend in a high-speed blender until completely smooth for about one to two minutes. If it's too thick, you can add more water and blend it again.
- Pour the dip in a container and place it in the fridge for about half an hour, because it may have gotten warm due to the blending. After that you can enjoy it with your favorite snacks.
If you give this vegan Lemon Cilantro Sunflower Seed Dip a try I’d love to hear how it turned out for you! Leave a comment or post a picture on instagram, use the hashtag #elephantasticvegan and tag me via @elephantasticvegan to make sure I’ll see it ^.^ I love to see all your lovely creations! Thanks! <3