These Oven-Baked Sweet Potato Slices are a delicious side dish or snack! They are a great alternative to regular potato fries or wedges.
If you bake a whole sweet potato, it takes a really long time. These Oven-Baked Sweet Potato Slices are done in 15 to 20 minutes. This makes them the perfect quick side dish or snack.
I love to pair these sweet potato slices with other roasted veggies (zucchini, eggplant, Brussels sprouts, carrots) and make a veggie bowl. They are also an excellent side dish for seitan steak, or burgers.
For this recipe, I used a basic salt & pepper seasoning, but you can go wild with different flavors! Garlic powder, dried rosemary, paprika powder, or cinnamon powder, would be great starting points.
How to make Oven-Baked Sweet Potato Slices
As always, you will find the whole recipe in the box below but I want to give you an overview of the needed ingredients and process with step-by-step photos first.
You will need:
- sweet potato (ideally the sweet potato should be long but not too thick otherwise you will end up with really large slices)
- olive oil (or peanut oil, sunflower oil, rapeseed oil)
- cracked black pepper
The Basic Steps
Making these sweet potato slices is super easy. Here’s how it goes:
They are such a great side dish! Or you can also serve them with a dip (Garlic Sunflower Seed Dressing).
Sweet Potato Slices FAQ
To prepare the sweet potato slices for baking, coat them in olive oil, then you can add different seasonings. Salt & pepper, garlic powder & rosemary, za’atar, ras el hanout, or even brown sugar & cinnamon for a sweeter approach.
More delicious Sweet Potato Recipes
- Vegan Sweet Potato Soup with Coconut Milk
- Fluffy Vegan Sweet Potato Pancakes
- Vegan Sweet Potato Curry
- 2-Ingredient Sweet Potato Gnocchi
Love it? Rate it!
I hope you enjoy this Sweet Potato Slices recipe as much as I do! Let me know if you give it a try!
Oven-Baked Sweet Potato Slices
- 1 sweet potato long
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cracked pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350°F/180°C.
- Peel the sweet potato. Wash it. Pat it dry. Slice it evenly with a knife or a wavy knife for wavy slices.
- Place the sweet potato slices on a baking tray lined with parchment paper. Add the olive oil, salt, and cracked pepper. Mix the sweet potato slices around until they are all coated. I usually fold one side of the parchment paper over and swirl them around (that way I don't have to get my hands or a spoon oily).
- Lay the potato slices flat onto the parchment paper. Bake them in the oven for about 15-20 minutes or until slightly brown on the edges. Enjoy as a side dish or as a delicious snack with a dip!