Your hummus deserves a fall makeover: Roasted Pumpkin Hummus. Serve the beautiful golden hummus with homemade crackers for a real crowd-pleasing snack!
Hummus and crackers are a match made in heaven. Especially this beautiful golden Roasted Pumpkin Hummus and homemade Rosemary Crackers. These are #snackgoals right here.
I’ve roasted the pumpkin to bring out the flavors, then added chickpeas, tahini and all the other typical ingredients for hummus in a blender. Blend. Done. Easy and delicious.
I’ve sprinkled the hummus with black and white sesame seeds, as well as finely chopped parsley. Then drizzled it with olive oil. So good!
If the hummus turns out a bit too thin, place it in the fridge for half an hour or so. It will thicken up.
Serve the pumpkin hummus with …
- Soft Baked Pretzels
- Crispy Bread Chips
- Pretzel Garlic Knots
- Everything Crackers
- Golden Turmeric Crackers
- Gluten-Free Chickpea Crackers
- Vegan Za’atar Breadsticks
How to make Roasted Pumpkin Hummus
More Vegan Recipes with Pumpkin
- 10+ Vegan Pumpkin Recipes to Try This Fall!
- Pumpkin Basil Pinwheels
- Roasted Pumpkin Soup
- Pumpkin Goulash with Bread Dumplings
- Vegan Pumpkin Lasagne with Cashew Cheese
- Crispy Pumpkin Gnocchi
I hope you will enjoy this Roasted Pumpkin Hummus as much as I did! Let me know if you give it a try!
And don’t forget to rate the recipe if you like it, this helps other users figure out if it is worth a try!
Roasted Pumpkin Hummus
- 1/2 Hokkaido pumpkin
- 1/4 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 cup canned chickpeas – rinsed and drained
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 3/4 teaspoon salt (more to taste)
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup water (add more if it’s too thick)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon black sesame seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon white sesame seeds
- Cut a Hokkaido pumpkin in half (we will only need one half) and remove the seeds. Brush the insides with olive oil and sprinkle them with salt.
- Bake the pumpkin at 400°F/200°C for 20 minutes with the insides facing down, then flip the pumpkin and let it bake for another 10 minutes. The pumpkin should be soft by then.
- Scoop the pumpkin (remove the skin) into a blender, add the chickpeas, tahini, salt, sesame oil, lemon juice, and water.
- Blend until smooth (add more water if the consistency is too thick.
- Top with olive oil, white and black sesame seeds and chopped parsley. Enjoy!