Oven-Baked Sweet Potato Slices – vegan & gluten-free – a delicious side dish or snack! They are a great alternative to regular potato fries or wedges.
I love, love, love sweet potatoes. Even more so, when they are paired with Brussels sprouts. This, for me, is the perfect fall bowl! Crispy oven-baked sweet potato slices seasoned with salt, garlic powder, and dried rosemary in combination with pan-roasted Brussels sprouts in soy sauce.
If you bake a whole sweet potato, this can take a long time. These Sweet Potato Slices are done in 15 to 20 minutes. This makes them the perfect quick side dish or snack.
Of course, you can experiment with the spices. I just love the garlic powder and dried rosemary combo, but paprika powder or even cinnamon powder would be a really good choice too!
How to make Oven-Baked Sweet Potato Slices
You will need:
- sweet potato
- olive oil
- garlic powder (optional)
- dried rosemary (optional)
The Basic Steps
Making these sweet potato slices is super easy. Here’s how it goes:
Step 1: You will need a sweet potato, ideally one that is long and not too big.
Step 2: Peel the sweet potato using a vegetable peeler (not pictured).
Step 3: Cut the sweet potato into slices of similar thickness. You can use a regular knife or a wavy knife for wavy slices.
Step 4: Place the sweet potatoes on a baking tray lined with parchment paper. Add the olive oil, salt, garlic powder, and dried rosemary.
Step 5: Mix until they are all well coated.
Step 6: Lay them flat on the baking tray lined with parchment paper.
Step 7: Bake them for 15 to 20 minutes at 200°C/400°F.
They are such a great side dish! Or you can also snack them with a dip.
More delicious Sweet Potato Recipes
- Vegan Sweet Potato Soup with Coconut Milk
- Fluffy Vegan Sweet Potato Pancakes
- Vegan Sweet Potato Curry
- 2-Ingredient Sweet Potato Gnocchi
Love it? Rate it!
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I do! Let me know if you give it a try!
Oven-Baked Sweet Potato Slices
- 1 sweet potato long
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- Preheat the oven to 400°F/200°C.
- Peel the sweet potato. Wash it. Pat it dry. Slice it evenly with a knife or a wavy knife for wavy slices.
- Place the sweet potato slices on a baking tray lined with parchment paper. Add the olive oil, salt, garlic powder, and dried rosemary on top. Mix the sweet potato slices around until they are all coated. I usually fold one side of the parchment paper over and swirl them around (that way I don't have to get my hands or a spoon oily). Lay them flat on the parchment paper without overlapping each other.
- Bake the sweet potato slices in the oven for about 15-20 minutes or until slightly brown on the edges. Enjoy as a side dish or as a delicious snack with a dip!