Pizza Bianca is White Pizza, so without tomato sauce. For this vegan version, I am using homemade cashew cream for the sauce! I also added green olives, sun-dried tomatoes, artichokes, and vegan feta. It’s so good!
We all had pizza a million times (rough estimate), but have you ever tried Pizza Bianca? It’s White Pizza! Instead of tomato sauce, we’re using homemade cashew cream. This helps to melt the vegan cheese shreds even more and results in a super creamy and delicious pizza!
As with the toppings, you’re in control and you can add whatever you like. I added green olives, sun-dried tomatoes, canned artichoke hearts. After baking, I also added vegan feta (from the Violife brand) because it melts really fast if you add it before.
The pizza dough
As for the pizza crust, I am using my simple homemade pizza crust recipe. You’ll need 1-2 hours for the dough to rise because of the yeast. You can also prepare the dough in advance the day before, keep it in the fridge overnight, and take it out an hour before making the pizzas.
The basic steps
You can use the dough to make thick or thin pizzas. Of course, the baking times will vary on the thickness of your pizzas, so keep that in mind.
If you’re looking for a quicker alternative, then this yeast-free vegan pizza dough is the way to go.
The white sauce
For the white sauce, I am using my go-to cashew cream recipe. Soak the cashews in water overnight. Rinse. Drain. Add all the soaked cashews, with water, salt, lemon juice in a blender. Blend until smooth.
The vegan cheese
On top of the cashew cream goes the vegan cheese. Vegan cheese needs moisture to melt better that’s why we always want to put the cheese directly over the sauce. You can use your favorite vegan cheese shreds here. I used Bedda, which is a german brand. If you want to make your own cheese, you can use this Nooch Cheese Sauce, Cashew Mozzarella, or Baked Almond Feta.
Then you can go crazy with the rest of the toppings. I’ve added green olives, sun-dried tomatoes, and artichoke hearts.
More vegan Pizza Recipes
- Vegan Breakfast Pizza with tofu scramble and seitan sausages
- Mini Pretzel Pizzas with cider cheese sauce
- Grilled Veggie Pizza
- Vegan Chanterelle Pizza
- Pumpkin Pizza with zucchini and caramelized onions
- Whole Wheat Roasted Veggie & Tempeh Pizza
Love it? Rate it!
I hope you will enjoy this vegan White Pizza as much as I did!
And don’t forget to rate the recipe if you like it, this helps other users figure out if it is worth a try!
Vegan White Pizza (Pizza Bianca)
Ingredients for the homemade crust
- 2 cups all-purpose flour + more to dust the dough and surfaces
- 1 teaspoon instant yeast
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon olive oil + more to coat the dough
- 2/3 cup water
Ingredients for the Cashew Cream
- 1 cup cashews raw, unsalted
- 1/2 cup water more water for soaking the cashews
- 3 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup vegan cheese shreds (e.g. Bedda)
- 1/2 cup green olives halved
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes chopped
- 1/2 cup canned artichokes halved
- 1 tablespoon garlic oil to brush the crust after baking
- 1/4 cup vegan feta (e.g. Violife)
- For the homemade pizza dough: Combine the flour, instant yeast, and salt in a mixing bowl. Add the olive oil and water. Mix and knead by hand until it's a soft, non-sticky dough or put all the ingredients in a kitchen machine and let the machine knead the dough for you. (Finetune the dough: If it's too sticky, add more flour. If it's too crumbly, add more water.) Coat the ball of dough in a drizzle of olive oil. Cover the bowl with a clean kitchen towel and let the dough rise until it has doubled in size (2-3 hours depending on the room temperature).
- For the cashew cream: Cover the cashews with water and let them soak overnight in the fridge. The next day, rinse and drain. Add the soaked cashews, water, lemon juice, and salt into a blender. Blend until completely smooth.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F/200°C.
- Divide the dough into two equal parts. Carefully roll it out on a lightly floured parchment paper into two pizza crusts (don’t use too much pressure). You can stretch it a bit with your hands until it has the right shape.
- Transfer the crust onto a baking tray lined with parchment paper. Top the pizza crust with cashew cream, spread it around. Then add the vegan cheese shreds, olives, sun-dried tomatoes, and canned artichokes.
- Bake the pizza for about 10 minutes until the crust is golden and crispy. Brush the crust with garlic oil. Top the pizza with vegan feta and enjoy!