Make this vegan Pumpkin Pizza with zucchini and caramelized onions today. It’s so good and totally from scratch! The perfect fall pizza.
This one is the ultimate fall pizza! A creamy pumpkin sauce makes the perfect base for this pizza, which is then topped with roasted zucchini, caramelized onions and sprinkled with fresh oregano. You won’t miss the cheese at all because it’s so creamy and delicious.
For the pizza dough I’ve used a blend of all-purpose flour and whole spelt flour – this way it’s more satisfying and filling than only white flour but it still tastes super light and fluffy. I’ve included the recipe for the pizza dough from scratch but of course, you can use store-bought vegan pizza dough instead if you don’t want to go through the “trouble” of making your own.
I’ve put roasted zucchini slices, caramelized onions and fresh oregano on my pizza, but you can use this recipe simply as an inspiration as well and put on your pizza whatever you feel like and what you have at home. However the combination I used was really, really good and I can recommend it completely.
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup spelt flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon instant yeast
- 2/3 cup warm water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup cooked pumpkin or pumpkin puree
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- ground pepper
- 1/4 zucchini
- 1/2 yellow onion
- olive oil for the pan and for coating the crust
- a few twigs fresh oregano
- For the pizza dough, put all the ingredients in a bread baking machine (use the dough program), kitchen machine or mix by hand and let it rise until it doubles in size.
Preheat the oven to 480°F/250°C.
Form two balls with the dough and roll each of it out until it's a nice pizza base. At this step I already put the pizza base on a baking sheet and tray to make things easier afterwards.
- If you're using a cooked pumpkin add it into a blender along with the salt and ground pepper and mix until it's smooth. // If you're using pumpkin puree add the salt and ground pepper and give it a good mix.
- Cut the zucchini in thin slices and roast them in a pan with a bit of oil and salt for a few minutes and set aside.
- Cut the onion in thin slices and slowly roast it in the pan with a little bit of olive oil until it caramelizes.
Spread the pumpkin over the pizza bases, add the zucchini slices and caramelized onions and brush the crust with olive oil, place the pizzas in the oven for about 15-20 minutes.
- Top with fresh oregano once it's ready & enjoy!
Should you decide to give this vegan Pumpkin Pizza a try I’d love to hear how it went! Write me a comment or post a picture on instagram, use the hashtag #elephantasticvegan and tag me via @elephantasticvegan to make sure I’ll see it ^.^ I love to see all your lovely creations! Thanks! <3