Recipe for a yeast-free vegan Pizza Dough from scratch made out of only 5 simple ingredients! No yeast = no wait time = spontaneous pizza! I’ve included my favorite topping ideas below!
I’ve been wanting to try a yeast-free vegan pizza dough for a long time now and I finally did it! It’s actually super easy and I love that you can skip the rising phase, which you need for traditional pizza doughs. Because no yeast = no rise. Yeah! Helloooo spontaneous pizza!
The Ingredients for Yeast-Free Vegan Pizza Dough
You’ll only need 5 basic ingredients for this simple pizza dough:
- all-purpose flour (or make it healthier by mixing spelt flour and all-purpose flour)
- baking powder
- olive oil
Sounds easy, right? Well, it is! For super crispy edges, brush olive oil on the crust before baking. I like to use leftover oil from marinated artichokes for this one because it adds more flavoring.
How to make pizza crust without yeast
In the traditional pizza dough, fresh or dried yeast is used for bubbly crusts. But yeast takes at least one hour (even more if the room temperature is cooler) to rise properly and therefore a bit of planning is needed. If you want to skip that, you can choose to make a pizza crust without yeast. Instead of the yeast, we’re using baking powder to add a bit of fluffiness to the crust.
I’ve put sautéed mushrooms, vegan mozzarella, fresh herbs, arugula and a simple tomato sauce on my pizza, but you can use this basic yeast-free pizza dough recipe for any pizza you’d like!
If you want more pizza inspiration, check out all my other pizza recipes like
- Pumpkin Pizza with zucchini and caramelized onions,
- Antipasti Pizza,
- Whole Wheat Roasted Veggie & Tempeh Pizza,
- Breakfast Pizza,
- creamy Chanterelle Pizza
Just sub the pizza dough with this yeast-free pizza dough and you’re golden!
Show me your pizza creation using the yeast-free vegan pizza dough!
Post a photo of your vegan pizza on Instagram, use the hashtag #elephantasticvegan #veganpizzaparty and include the tag @elephantasticvegan to make sure I’ll see it. I can’t wait to see what you come up with!
I’ll be resharing my favorites from time to time!
The Alternative: Vegan Pizza Dough with Yeast
If you have more time at hand to make a regular basic vegan pizza dough with yeast, you’ll love this Basic Vegan Pizza Dough recipe.
Yeast-Free Vegan Pizza Dough
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2/3 cup lukewarm water
- Combine the all-purpose flour, baking powder and salt in a large bowl.
- Add the olive oil and water (little by little) and knead until a smooth dough forms. You might not need all the water or add a bit more. The dough should be non-sticky. If it turns out too sticky, add a bit more flour. You can either knead it by hand or let it knead in a kitchen machine.
Depending on the toppings on your pizza, bake it at 480°F/250°C for approximately 8-15 minutes. If you brush the crust with olive oil, it gets super crispy :)