Are you making almond milk yourself? Always wondering what to do with the leftover almond pulp? I have the solution! Make this delicious, addictive vegan Baked Almond Feta with rosemary.
It only takes a couple of minutes of prep time, then 20 minutes in the oven and there it is: warm, crumbly almond feta that is amazing on pizza, pasta, or simply to eat on its own.
I never knew how to use the almond pulp from making almond milk in a meaningful way. I mean, I tossed it in muffins, cakes, but it didn’t actually make it taste better. But this baked almond feta is the solution to everything (okay, not to everything, but to this specific issue). I know I’ll be making almond milk much more often now, knowing that I can make this super duper delicious almond feta afterwards.
The baked feta tastes salty and lemony and of course with a light flavor of the rosemary. I don’t want to say that this Baked Almond Feta is just like “real” feta, because I can’t remember how “real” feta tastes, but it is an excellent way to use the almond pulp and it tastes close enough for me :)
- About 1 cup of almond pulp (leftover from making almond milk)
- lemon zest from 1 lemon
- lemon juice from ½ lemon
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- a few fresh rosemary twigs
- Pre-heat the oven to 400°F/200°C.
- Line a small spring form with parchment paper.
- Add all the ingredients except the rosemary in a mixing bowl and knead it, form it to a ball and transfer it to the spring form. Press it flat. And add the fresh rosemary twigs on top.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes or until the top is golden.
- Let it cool off a bit, before transferring it out of the spring form together with the parchment paper.
- Serve! Eat it on it's own, sprinkle it over pizza, pasta, or whatever you like!
If you give this vegan Baked Almond Feta with rosemary a try I’d love to hear how it turned out for you! Leave a comment or post a picture on instagram, use the hashtag #elephantasticvegan and tag me via @elephantasticvegan to make sure I’ll see it ^.^ I love to see all your lovely creations! Thanks! <3