This is the ultimate vegan Breakfast Pizza with tofu scramble and homemade seitan sausages! The recipe makes one large pizza for two. So is it pizza for breakfast or lunch/dinner-pizza topped with breakfast foods? You decide!
If you love breakfast foods as much as I do, then you will go crazy over this Vegan Breakfast Pizza. The pizza is topped with tomato sauce, vegan cheese shreds, tofu scramble and homemade seitan sausages.
So is it a pizza for breakfast or a breakfast-topped pizza for lunch/dinner? I’ll leave that decision up to you! I’m just saying, it’s good either way!
I’ve made almost all of the items from scratch: The pizza crust, the tofu scramble, and the seitan sausages. So everything except the vegan cheese shreds is homemade. However, you can use my Nooch Cheese Sauce instead if you don’t have store-bought cheese you like or if you want to make a vegan cheese sauce from scratch.
But this means, you can also take a few shortcuts if you want to make this pizza faster: Use store-bought pizza crust or seitan sausages to save some time.
Breakfast Pizza Toppings
Basically, you can add anything you want, but here are my favs:
- Tofu Scramble: Tofu makes a delicious alternative for scrambled eggs – it will get its eggy taste and smell from Kala Namak.
- Seitan Sausages: I’ve finally cracked the code for amazing seitan – make sure you check it out: Vegan Seitan Sausages. Of course, you can use store-bought veggie sausages instead to save time!
- Additional ideas for variations: olives, sun-dried tomatoes, tempeh bacon, coconut bacon, mushrooms, spinach, kale, …
More Vegan Pizza Recipes
- Antipasti Pizza
- Vegan Chanterelle Pizza with homemade ‘Cheese’ (+ Video)
- Vegan Mini Pretzel Pizzas with Cider Cheese Sauce
Vegan Breakfast Pizza
Ingredients for the pizza dough
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon instant yeast
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
Ingredients for the tofu scramble
Instructions for the pizza dough
- Put all the dry ingredients in a kitchen machine or mix by hand, then add the wet ingredients. Stir to combine, then knead until it’s a smooth dough. Add more water if it’s too crumbly, add more flour if it’s too sticky. Let it rise covered with a clean kitchen towel until it doubles in size.
- Meanwhile, prepare the seitan sausages according to the instructions in the post.
- For the tofu scramble: Heat the canola oil in large pan and scramble the tofu with your hands or use a fork to do it before adding it to the pan. Add the curry powder, turmeric and kala namak. Mix well, so the tofu gets an even yellow color. Keep it on medium to high heat while stirring for about 5 minutes. Add more kala namak or spices to taste.
- Preheat the oven to 480°F/250°C.
- Roll out the dough until it’s a nice pizza base. At this step, I already put the pizza base on a baking tray lined with parchment paper to make things easier afterward.
- Mix the tomato purée with the dried oregano and a pinch of salt and spread it evenly over the pizza base. Add the vegan cheese shreds over the pizza sauce. Add the tofu scramble onto the pizza and the sliced seitan sausage.
- Bake the pizza in the oven for about 10-15 minutes. The pizza is ready when it has a golden crust. Sprinkle with oregano after baking and enjoy!