This Falafel Wrap with homemade fries is such a classic in my kitchen. I always prefer making baked Falafel, as a healthy alternative to fried Falafel.
MAAAYYYBEEE you’ve already noticed my obsession with falafel (proof 1, 2, 3, 4). So this is a wrap-version of it served with homemade, oven-baked fries.
This wrap is the perfect light lunch for hot summer days or you can pack them up. They’re great for a take-to-work/school/whatever meal.
I also mixed together a simple yogurt sauce with unsweetened (! important) soy yogurt and spices.
Whenever I make falafel, I always make a huge batch, because they freeze well and it’s not much more work to make a larger batch. And it’s always a good idea to have falafel in the freezer for when the falafel cravings strike!
Of course, you can also skip this step and use store-bought falafel.
For this recipe, I’ve used my Wheat Flour Tortillas and added a teaspoon of black and white sesame seeds into the dough! They give the flatbread nice speckles and make it even more flavorful!
If you’re not in the mood for making your own flatbread, you can use store-bought ones.
Falafel Wrap w/ homemade Fries
- 1/2 cup unsweetened soy yogurt
- spices: 1/2 teaspoon of salt a pinch of curry powder, paprika and pepper
- 4 large potatoes
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- spices and herbs: 1/2 teaspoon of salt dried rosemary, paprika
Instructions for the yogurt sauce
- Mix the soy yogurt with the spices.
Instructions for the fries
- Wash and cut the potatoes in fries. Put them in a bowl of water and let them sit for about 30 minutes. Afterwards drain and dry them. Put them in a bowl and add the oil and spices and mix until they are nicely coated. Put them on a baking tray and put them in a pre-heated oven (392°F/200°C). Pull them our after 15 minutes or so or until they starten to get a golden color.
Instructions for the falafel
- Heat up a pan with canola oil and warm up the falafel.
- Once everything is finished you can start to assemble: Put the salad on the Tortillas, add falafel and yogurt sauce. Roll them to a wrap. Add the fries on the side. Finished!
Did you make this Falafel Wrap? Tag @elephantasticvegan on instagram and use the hashtag #elephantasticvegan. Don’t forget to subscribe to the Elephantastic Vegan Newsletter to see Reader Remake Features!