Crispy Tandoori Cauliflower Wings in thick & fluffy homemade tortillas with a super smooth Basil Cream Sauce. Yumm! All vegan, plant-based, dairy-free!
Crispy Tandoori Cauliflower Wings in thick, fluffy, homemade Tortillas with a Basil Cream Sauce, salad, cherry tomatoes, and cucumber sticks. Sounds good? I can tell you, it is!
I’m a huge fan of homemade tortillas (you may have noticed that in my posts Falafel Wrap, Veggie Ball Wrap or Crispy Tofu Wrap, and I’m sure of it: Once you had homemade tortillas, you don’t want to go back to store-bought versions.
I’m not gonna lie, these Tandoori Cauliflower Wings aren’t the fastest recipe on the blog. They take about an hour to get a really crispy and lovely texture, but they are well worth the time.
First, they get coated in a simple flour-spice mixture, and after half an hour in the oven, they get tossed in a tandoori yogurt mixture and back in the oven they go. After an hour of baking, you’ll be rewarded with these flavorful tandoori cauliflower bites.
- 2 cups cauliflower florets
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup water
- 2/3 cup unsweetened soy yogurt
- 2 teaspoons tandoori seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups raw unsalted cashews
- 2 cups loosely packed fresh basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt + more to taste
- 1 cup water (add more to desired consistency) + hot water for soaking the cashews
- finely chopped lettuce
- cucumber sticks
- cherry tomatoes , halved
- 4 fluffy homemade tortillas
- Soak the cashews in hot water for at least half an hour. Drain them and add them to the blender. Add the rest of the ingredients for the basil sauce - start with less water and add more until the desired consistency is reached. Blend until you end up with a super smooth basil cream. You might have to scrape down the sauce in between blending sessions.
- Pre-heat the oven to 400°F/200°C.
- Mix the ingredients for the flour batter. If should be thick enough to stick to the cauliflower.
- Dip the cauliflower florets into the mixture until coated completely and put them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for about 15 minutes, then flip them over and bake them for another 15 minutes.
Meanwhile, mix the soy yogurt with the tandoori spice mix and salt.
Toss the cauliflower wings in the tandoori-yogurt mixture, give them a good mix until they are evenly coated and put them back on the parchment paper.
- Place them back in the oven for about 15 minutes, flip them over and bake them further for 15 minutes. Once they are done, they should be crispy on the outside and soft on the inside.
- Put the chopped salad on the tortilla, place a few Tandoori Cauliflower Wings on top, add the halved cherry tomatoes, cucumber slices and top it all off with the Basil Cream Sauce. Roll it in and enjoy!
Should you decide to give these Tandoori Cauliflower Wraps a try I’d love to hear how they turn out for you! Write me a comment or post a picture on instagram, use the hashtag #elephantasticvegan and tag me via @elephantasticvegan to make sure I’ll see it ^.^ I love to see all your lovely creations! Thanks! <3