Recipe for a vegan Mushroom Spinach Tofu Wrap with cilantro hummus for creaminess. Perfect for a filling breakfast or light lunch! No eggs, no dairy, all vegan and absolutely delicious! It’s the perfect take-to-work/school/university/whatever lunch as well!
Whenever I have to cook myself, I want to keep things simple – nothing too fancy. I also try to use up leftovers, so this is basically how this Mushroom Spinach Tofu Wrap happened. I had half a block of tofu, leftover mushrooms, a few cherry tomatoes and cilantro hummus sitting in the fridge, and exactly one tortilla on the counter. Perfect!
This Mushroom Spinach Tofu Wrap turned out super delicious! It was juicy, comforting and perfect for brunch – which is what I usually have because I sleep too long to have a proper breakfast. #bloggerlife
Golden tofu + spinach + mushrooms = <3 I love to add my usual tofu scramble seasoning on tofu, consisting of Kala Namak (Black Salt), curry powder, and turmeric. Turmeric is not only super healthy, it also adds that awesome golden color! Kala Namak adds the eggy taste and smell.
Mushroom Spinach Tofu Wrap
Ingredients for the cilantro hummus *
- 14 oz canned chickpeas - rinsed and drained
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- lemon juice of half a lemon
- 1 tablespoon water + more to thin out
- 4 stalks of cilantro
Ingredients for the Mushroom Spinach Tofu Wrap
Instructions for the cilantro hummus
- Put all the ingredients in your food processor or blender.
- Blend/process until smooth (add more water if the consistency is too thick).
Instructions for the Mushroom Spinach Tofu Wrap
- Heat the canola oil in large pan and scramble the tofu with your hands or use a fork to do it before adding it to the pan.
- Add the curry powder, turmeric and kala namak. Mix well, so the tofu gets an even yellow color.
- Add the sliced cremini mushrooms and frozen spinach.
- Keep it on medium high heat while stirring for about 10 minutes - until the mushrooms have lost most of their water and spinach isn't frozen anymore. At this point, you can add more kala namak or spices, herbs to taste and preference.
- Heat the tortilla in a pan until warm. Spread 1-2 tablespoons of the cilantro hummus on the tortilla, top with the tofu, mushrooms, and spinach. Add quartered cherry tomatoes on top and fold it like you would usually do for a wrap! And enjoy!
If you give this Mushroom Spinach Tofu Wrap a try I’d love to hear how it turned out for you! Leave a comment or post a picture on instagram, use the hashtag #elephantasticvegan and tag me via @elephantasticvegan to make sure I’ll see it ^.^ I love to see all your lovely creations! Thanks! <3