These BBQ Tempeh Wraps are super quick and easy to throw together. Plus, they are highly versatile: add shredded carrots, raw bell pepper, or roasted eggplant cubes for variations.
This recipe for BBQ Tempeh Wraps is super simple in its basic form, which makes it perfect for a quick and easy lunch or dinner.
What is tempeh?
Tempeh is – like tofu – a soy product. Through culturing and fermentation, whole soybeans are molded into a block. Tempeh is even higher in protein, dietary fiber, and vitamins than tofu thanks to the fermentation and use of whole soybeans.
My #1 tip for buying tempeh: Check if your local Asia market has tempeh (in the refrigerator or frozen foods section). You can even ask for it and they will order it if they see there is enough demand. It’s SO much cheaper than buying it in health food stores!
Upgrade your Wrap
If you have the time and motivation you can upgrade some of the ingredients, such as:
- instead of store-bought BBQ sauce (make sure it’s vegan as some sauces contain honey), use this: Vegan Date-Sweetened BBQ Sauce
- skip the store-bought tortillas and make these: Thick Fluffy Tortillas from scratch
Of course, you can also add all kinds of add-ins: roasted eggplant, shredded carrots, sliced bell pepper, vegan mayo, cress, sun-dried tomatoes, chopped olives, vegan feta, red cabbage. I just love how you can stuff everything into wraps and it still turns out the most amazing meal ever.
More delicious vegan recipes with tempeh
Love it? Rate it!
I hope you enjoy these BBQ Tempeh Wraps as much as I do! Let me know if you give them a try!
BBQ Tempeh Wraps
- 1 cup tempeh cubed *
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons vegan BBQ sauce
- 2 tortillas
- 1 cup salad chopped
- 2 cherry tomatoes quartered
- In a large pan, add the olive oil and bring it to medium to high heat. Add the tempeh cubes and let them brown on each side until crispy. Remove the pan from the cooking plate and add the BBQ sauce, mix to coat on all sides.
- Heat up the tortillas in an empty pan until soft.
- On each tortilla add chopped salad, cherry tomatoes and tempeh cubes coated in BBQ sauce.