Have you ever made Crinkle Cut Fries at home? They are super easy to make and much healthier than the store-bought ones, which are typically pre-fried.
Without a doubt, the crinkle cutter has been one of my best buys ever! It’s super cheap, it’s small (doesn’t take up much space in the kitchen such as other kitchen gadgets, looking at you Mr. Spiralizer), and fries taste SO MUCH BETTER when they are crinkle cut.
How to make Crinkle Cut Fries
You will need:
- potatoes (russet potatoes are best!)
- and a crinkle cutter
The Basic Steps
Step 1: Peel the potatoes. Wash them. Pat them dry.
Step 2: Using a crinkle cutter, cut the potatoes into slices, then cut them into individual fries.
Repeat until you’ve cut all the potatoes into wavy fries!
Step 3: Transfer the fries to a baking tray lined with parchment paper. Add olive oil, salt, and pepper on top.
Step 4: Swirl them around to coat them.
Step 5: Lay them flat, they shouldn’t overlap each other.
Step 6: Bake for approx. 15 minutes (flipping them around after 10 minutes) or until golden brown.
Serve the crinkle cut fries …
- as a snack with a dip
- or as a side dish with
More Potato Side Dishes you will love
So I hope you will enjoy these as much as I did! Let me know if you give them a try!
Crinkle Cut Fries
- 4 medium russet potatoes
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- cracked pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400°F/200°C.
- Peel the potatoes (optional). Wash them. Pat them dry. Use a crinkle cutter to cut them in slices, then cut them in individual fries.
- Place the fries on a baking tray lined with parchment paper. Add the olive oil, salt, and cracked pepper on top. Mix the fries around until they are all coated. I usually fold one side of the parchment paper over and swirl them around (that way I don't have to get my hands or a spoon oily). Lay them flat on the parchment paper without overlapping each other.
- Bake the fries in the oven for about 15 minutes or until golden, flipping them around after 10 minutes. Enjoy as a side dish or as a delicious snack with a dip!