It’s nothing new that potatoes are amazing and versatile but Hasselback Potatoes are probably the fanciest form of potatoes. To make them even more awesome, I’ve added vegan cheese in each slice and brushed the potatoes with a garlic parsley oil mixture. Yumm!
You can serve this Hasselback Potato as a super fancy side dish for festive meals such as christmas or thanksgiving OR take them to BBQ or grilling sessions. If you want to grill them, I’d recommend making them in the oven as I stated in the directions and then just take them wrapped in tin foil and place them back on the griller to warm them up. Otherwise they would take such a long time and no one can wait that long :)
Last time I made them, I prepared them for a grilling session. I baked them in the oven until soft and transported them wrapped up, put them directly to the coals until hot and they were good to go. I also made a simple couscous with onions and bell pepper and an olive bread.
Can you see the melty gooey vegan cheese? YUUMM! I want to dive right in!
- 4 big waxy potatoes (Russet or Yukon Gold are best)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ cup vegan cheese shreds (I used Wilmersburger)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 480°F/250°C.
- Mix the olive oil with the chopped parsley, minced garlic and salt.
- Wash the potatoes. Place one potato between two chopsticks and cut slices into the potato. The chopsticks prevent you from cutting it all the way through. Repeat for all the potatoes.
- Sprinkle some of the vegan cheese into each slice and brush each potato with the oil mixture.
- Wrap them in tin foil and put them in the oven for about 45 to 60 minutes until soft.
- Serve them as a side dish (careful with the unwrapping) or take them to a BBQ or grilling session, where you add them back into the griller to warm them up.
Did you make these Cheesy Hasselback Potatoes? Tag @elephantasticvegan on instagram and use the hashtag #elephantasticvegan. Don’t forget to subscribe to the Elephantastic Vegan Newsletter to see Reader Remake Features!