Recipe for vegan, super crispy Potato Twisters served with an Avocado Coriander Dip. It’s a healthy alternative to the traditionally fried twisters because these are baked in the oven!
I love the potato twisters (or tornado potatoes, spiral potatoes, twisted chips or ribbon fries – whatever you want to call them!) you can get at winter markets here. But they are usually fried in oil. So these homemade Potato Twisters are a much healthier alternative because they are baked in the oven. Yet, they are perfectly crispy.
For this occasion, I even got out my Spiral Slicer from the very back of the pantry. I haven’t been using it a lot lately. It’s shame really because ribboned or spiralized veggies are so cute!
The Ingredients for Potato Twisters
These Oven-Baked Potato Twisters are actually super easy to make. You’ll only need 5 ingredients:
- Olive oil
- Paprika Powder
- Curry Powder
Of course, you can also make an executive decision and opt for different spices. I’d imagine they would be great as well with rosemary or a cheesy version with Nutritional Yeast? Or how about Za’atar? So many options!
How to make Potato Twisters
Step 1: Peel the potatoes and make some potato twisters using the ribbon attachment of a Spiralizer.
Step 2: Put the potato twisters in a bowl and add in the oil, salt, paprika, and curry powder. Mix well until they are evenly coated.
Step 3: Place the twisters on a baking sheet without overlapping each other. You might have to use two baking sheets.
Step 4: Bake them in the oven for 15-20 minutes. Keep an eye on them to prevent them from browning too much.
Enjoy!! :) I’ve served these Potato Twisters with an amazing Avocado Coriander Dip.
Serve them with …
I’ve made a super simple Avocado Coriander Dip consisting of an avocado, lemon juice, salt, and coriander – all mashed up, boom, done. Super easy, so good and perfect for the crispy potato twisters.
Here are even more dipping ideas:
Hope you enjoy! Let me know what you think!
Crispy Potato Twisters with an Avocado Coriander Dip
Ingredients for the Crispy Potato Twisters
- 3 large potatoes
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika powder
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
Ingredients for the Avocado Coriander Dip
- 1 avocado
- 1 tablespoon chopped coriander (cilantro)
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice + more to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon salt + more to taste
- Pre-heat the oven to 430°F/220°C.
- Peel the potatoes and make some potato twisters using the ribbon attachment of a Spiral Slicer.
- Put the potato twisters in a bowl and add in the oil, salt, paprika, and curry powder. Mix well until they are evenly coated.
- Place the twisters on a baking sheet without overlapping each other. You might have to use two baking sheets.
- Bake them in the oven for 15-20 minutes. Keep an eye on them to prevent them from browning too much.
- For the Avocado Dip: Pit and peel the avocado. Mash the avocado with a fork, add the lemon juice, salt, and coriander and mix well. Enjoy with the Potato Twisters.
Estimated Nutrition Info
This post was first published on January 7, 2015. Updated on December 4, 2018.