Recipe for vegan, super crispy Potato Twisters served with an Avocado Coriander Dip. It’s a healthy alternative to the traditionally fried twisters because these are baked in the oven!
I love the potato twisters (or tornado potatoes, spiral potatoes, twisted chips or ribbon fries – whatever you want to call them!) you can get at winter markets here. But they are usually fried in oil. So these homemade Potato Twisters are a much healthier alternative because they are baked in the oven. Yet, they are perfectly crispy.
For this occasion, I even got out my Spiral Slicer from the very back of the pantry. I haven’t been using it a lot lately. It’s shame really because ribboned or spiralized veggies are so cute!
The Ingredients for Potato Twisters
These Oven-Baked Potato Twisters are actually super easy to make. You’ll only need 5 ingredients:
- Olive oil
- Paprika Powder
- Curry Powder
Of course, you can also make an executive decision and opt for different spices. I’d imagine they would be great as well with rosemary or a cheesy version with Nutritional Yeast? Or how about Za’atar? So many options!
How to make Potato Twisters
Step 1: Peel the potatoes and make some potato twisters using the ribbon attachment of a Spiralizer.
Step 2: Put the potato twisters in a bowl and add in the oil, salt, paprika, and curry powder. Mix well until they are evenly coated.
Step 3: Place the twisters on a baking sheet without overlapping each other. You might have to use two baking sheets.
Step 4: Bake them in the oven for 15-20 minutes. Keep an eye on them to prevent them from browning too much.
Enjoy!! :) I’ve served these Potato Twisters with an amazing Avocado Coriander Dip.
Serve them with …
I’ve made a super simple Avocado Coriander Dip consisting of an avocado, lemon juice, salt, and coriander – all mashed up, boom, done. Super easy, so good and perfect for the crispy potato twisters.
Here are even more dipping ideas:
- smoky & meaty tomato dip
- cilantro lemon sunflower seed dip
- vegan tartar sauce
- roasted pumpkin hummus
Hope you enjoy! Let me know what you think!
Crispy Potato Twisters with an Avocado Coriander Dip
Ingredients for the Crispy Potato Twisters
- 3 large potatoes
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika powder
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
Ingredients for the Avocado Coriander Dip
- 1 avocado
- 1 tablespoon chopped coriander (cilantro)
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice + more to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon salt + more to taste
- Pre-heat the oven to 430°F/220°C.
- Peel the potatoes and make some potato twisters using the ribbon attachment of a Spiral Slicer.
- Put the potato twisters in a bowl and add in the oil, salt, paprika, and curry powder. Mix well until they are evenly coated.
- Place the twisters on a baking sheet without overlapping each other. You might have to use two baking sheets.
- Bake them in the oven for 15-20 minutes. Keep an eye on them to prevent them from browning too much.
- For the Avocado Dip: Pit and peel the avocado. Mash the avocado with a fork, add the lemon juice, salt, and coriander and mix well. Enjoy with the Potato Twisters.
This post was first published on January 7, 2015. Updated on December 4, 2018.