You’ll only need 4 ingredients to make this delicious Chocolate Hazelnut Milk aka Nutella Milk at home! It’s perfect for coffee, granola, overnight oats, baking or to sip on its own!
I usually don’t drink (vegan, obviously) milk. I use it for baking, in overnight oats, or eat it with granola but I don’t go to the fridge and take a sip of milk. Until now.
This Chocolate Hazelnut Milk tastes like Nutella Milk! It’s so good. I’ve drunk the whole bottle over the course of two days because it was so flavorful and delicious! I just couldn’t stop.
Whenever I was in the mood for chocolate or something sweet, I’ve taken a sip of this milk. Craving satisfied.
How to make Chocolate Hazelnut Milk
You will need:
- cocoa powder
The basic steps
Step 1: Soak hazelnuts in water overnight.
Step 2: Add the hazelnuts, cocoa powder, and dates to a blender.
Step 3: Add 2 cups of fresh water.
Step 4: Blend.
Step 5: Pour the mixture through a nut milk bag.
Expert tip: A good nut milk bag is even more important than a powerful blender. I’ve found that a nylon nut milk bag works best! The milk is perfectly smooth and silky.
All done! Super easy, right? The chocolate hazelnut milk is best served chilled.
You can store it in the fridge for up to 2 days.
Different Flavors and Variations
You can use the hazelnut milk base to make all kinds of milk! How about Strawberry Hazelnut Milk, Banana Hazelnut Milk, Vanilla Hazelnut Milk, Blueberry Hazelnut Milk? The possibilities are endless!
Definitely let me know in the comments if you try new flavors!
More Vegan Milk Recipes for you to try
- 6 Vegan Milk Recipes
- Sesame Milk (3 Ingredients)
- Homemade Almond Milk
- Coconut Milk
- Golden Milk
- Chocolate Milkshake
Love it? Rate it!
I hope you’ll enjoy this Chocolate Hazelnut Milk as much as I do! Let me know if you give this recipe a try! I’d love to hear how it turns out for you.
Chocolate Hazelnut Milk
- 1 cup raw hazelnuts
- 2 cups water + more for soaking
- 4 dates pitted
- 3 teaspoons cocoa powder
- Fill the hazelnuts in a bowl, cover them with water and let them soak overnight.
- Drain the water, rinse and place the hazelnuts together with the dates, cocoa powder and 2 cups of fresh water into a high-speed blender and blend for about 3-4 minutes until completely fine.
- Place a nutmilk bag over a large glass or bowl and pour the liquid over the cloth. Squeeze out as much liquid as possible (Don’t toss the hazelnut meal, you can use it in muffins or cakes).
- Fill the hazelnut milk into a glass bottle, let it chill in the fridge and enjoy! You can store it in the fridge for up to 2 days.