Recipe for simple vegan Chocolate Muffins made with cocoa powder, chocolate soy milk and chocolate chips. So soft and fluffy! No eggs, no dairy.
There are times, when you need muffins ASAP. And for exactly these muffin emergency times, these are perfect! They come together in only 10 minutes of prep time and 20 minutes of baking time. The batter is a simple vegan chocolate batter using chocolate soy milk and cocoa powder (+ chocolate chips on top!) and can be made in 1 bowl.
To divide the chocolate batter equally in the muffin liners, you can use an ice cream scoop. It works wonders! Top them with chocolate chips and off in the oven they go. 15-20 minutes later, you’re rewarded with soft and fluffy chocolate muffin deliciousness.
Simple Vegan Chocolate Muffins
- 1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup white sugar (make sure it's vegan!)
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 tablespoon melted coconut oil
- 2/3 cup chocolate soy milk
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut vinegar or apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup vegan chocolate chips
- Pre-heat oven to 360°F/180°C.
- In a mixing bowl, combine all the dry ingredients (except the chocolate chips), whisk, then add all the wet ingredients and whisk again until it's a smooth batter.
- Fill the batter in muffin pan lined with muffin wrappers (use an ice cream scoop to divide them equally). Add a few chocolate chips on top of each one.
- Bake for about 20 minutes. (Use the Toothpick Method to make sure the dough is done in the middle.)
- Let them cool off a bit before enjoying them.
Estimated Nutrition Info
Should you decide to give these quick and delicious Chocolate Chunk Muffins a try I’d love to hear how it went! Write me a comment or post a picture on instagram, use the hashtag #elephantasticvegan and tag me via @elephantasticvegan to make sure I’ll see it ^.^ I love to see all your lovely creations! Thanks! <3