My favorite cough remedies are Golden Milk and a good book. You’ve got to figure out the book, but I can help you with the cough-soothing Golden Milk! You’ll only need 4 ingredients and 2-3 minutes, so you can make this healing hot drink even when you’re not feeling too great.
Unfortunately fall is not only the wonderful season of red leaves, pumpkin dishes and pre-christmas spirit, it’s also the season for flues, colds and nasty coughs. Ugh!
I’m pretty lucky that I don’t get sick often, but this year, it got me. It got me good. I pretty much skipped the cold and went straight to the never-ending cough. It’s not pretty and so annoying. My chest hurts from all the coughing.
3 things helped me dealing with the cough:
- Hot water with lemon juice
- Being snuggled into a blanket with a good book (and lots of netflix)
- Golden Milk. You can find the recipe for it at the end of the post.
This Golden Milk is very easy to make. You’ll only need 4 ingredients
- Plant-Based Milk
- Turmeric Powder
- Cinnamon Powder
- Maple Syrup
and only 2-3 minutes, until the milk is warm. So even when you’re having a really bad day and can’t be up on your feet a lot, you can quickly make yourself a cup of healing and cough-soothing Golden Milk.
Cough-Soothing Golden Milk
- 2 cups plant-based milk (I used unsweetened coconut rice milk)
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup (or more to taste)*
- Heat the plant-based milk in a medium-sized pot.
- Add the turmeric powder, cinnamon powder and maple syrup and whisk.
- Once the milk is hot, you can fill it in the cups.
Estimated Nutrition Info
Did you make this cough-soothing Golden Milk? Tag @elephantasticvegan on instagram and use the hashtag #elephantasticvegan to make sure I’ll see them :)
Do you have any natural cough remedies you like? I’d love to hear your tips in the comments below!