Making your very own Chocolate Granola is super easy and you’ll only need 5 basic ingredients! It’s vegan, gluten-free and stores well for a long time!
Ever since I bought a label maker for my kitchen pantry, I’ve been obsessed with making granola from scratch. I know, this is such a weird trigger!
I just love the sight of having a (beautifully labeled) jar of granola waiting for me on the kitchen counter whenever I’m up for a quick breakfast, snack, or sweet treat!
Those big chunks of chocolate granola are pure chocolate bliss!
How To Make Chocolate Granola
You’ll only need 5 ingredients to make this vegan Chocolate Granola:
- Coconut Oil
- Maple Syrup
- Cocoa Powder
- Rolled Oats (make sure you’re using gluten-free certified oats if you have a gluten intolerance)
- Chocolate Chips (you could even leave those out but chocolate chips make everything better, so why would anyone do that?)
Step 1: Combine the coconut oil, maple syrup, and cocoa powder. Stir in oats. Fold in chocolate.
Step 2: Fill the mixture in a baking dish lined with parchment paper. Bake approx. 20 minutes at 360°F/180°C.
Step 3: The granola after baking shouldn’t look much browner than before baking. But it will be harder and crispier to the touch.
Step 4: Let it cool off completely before enjoying it in plant-based milk, yogurt or on nice cream!
How to store granola
Granola lasts for weeks if you do it right. It’s important to let the granola cool off COMPLETELY. Then pour it into an air-tight glass jar. And close the lid. This is the perfect fuss-free breakfast! Just add plant-based milk, vegan yogurt, or nice cream. Boom. Done. Breakfast is served.
The best Plant-Based Milk for Granola
Of course, this is totally subjective. But here are my favorites for this Chocolate Granola:
- Almond Milk (Want to make your own? Here’s a recipe for 3-Ingredient Almond Milk)
- Rice Coconut Milk
- Hazelnut Milk (LOVE this recipe for Date-Sweetened Hazelnut Milk)
More Granola Recipes
- Almond Butter Granola
- Marzipan Granola with dried blueberries
- Peanut Butter Granola
- Gingerbread Granola
I’d love to hear from you: Is there a granola flavor you want me to make next? I’m always looking for ideas! :)
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil (if it isn't liquid heat in a pot)
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder (dutch-processed)
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1/3 cup chocolate chunks (dairy-free, vegan)
- Whisk together the coconut oil, maple syrup, and cocoa powder until it's a smooth chocolate sauce.
- Then combine the chocolate mixture with the rolled oats and give it a good stir until all the oats are coated. You can also use your hands for that. Fold in the chocolate chunks.
- Line a baking dish with parchment paper. Fill in the granola. Press it a bit into the pan. Bake at 360°F/180°C for 20 minutes - give them a stir after 10 minutes.
- Let the granola cool off completely. Then break it apart and fill it in an air-tight glass jar.