This is a basic recipe for an unsweetened Almond Milk, but you can easily sweeten it (e.g. with dates or maple syrup), make a vanilla or chocolate version. Oh so many possibilities!
- 1 cup blanched almonds (you can use regular ones, but the milk won't be that white!)
- 4 cups water (use less if you want to make it thicker)
- a pinch of salt
- Soak the almonds over night. Drain and rinse the almonds.
- Put the almonds and the water in ahigh-speed blenderand blend on high for a couple of minutes. At this point, you can add sweeteners, cocoa powder, ground vanilla, if you want!
- Take a bowl, put the strainer in the bowl and the nut milk bag in the strainer. Then pour the almond milk in the nut milk bag and press out excess liquid. (You can use the rest of the almonds for baking or for this amazing Baked Almond Feta).
- Then fill the milk into an airtight container and keep it in the fridge for up to 2-3 days.
If you give this recipe a try I’d love to hear how it turned out for you! Leave a comment or post a picture on instagram, use the hashtag #elephantasticvegan and tag me via @elephantasticvegan to make sure I’ll see it ^.^ I love to see all your lovely creations! Thanks! <3