This is a much healthier and completely plant-based version of your favorite Chocolate Milkshake! It’s topped with soy whip, homemade chocolate sauce and shaved chocolate. The perfect treat for hot summer days! Ready in 5 minutes!
Have you noticed all the nice cream/ice cream posts lately? I even made a whole nice cream post because there were so many. That’s because I have practically been living off that stuff! The temperatures have been way too high to cook regular food. Not complaining, though. Nice Cream is the best thing ever.
For this vegan Chocolate Milkshake, I’ve used frozen bananas and rice milk for a creamy base. It tastes like an ice cream shake without using ice cream! Magic! I’ve also added cocoa powder to make it chocolatey and a bit of maple syrup for sweetness. Also, make sure that you freeze ripe (at least spotty!) bananas because they are sweeter.
And of course, what would a milkshake be without a delicious topping?! I’ve used store-bought soy whip, homemade chocolate sauce and shaved chocolate to top it off. The chocolate sauce is the easiest thing ever (especially in the summer when the coconut oil is liquid at room temperature). Whisk together coconut oil, maple syrup, and cocoa powder. And done!
How to make a vegan Chocolate Milkshake
7 reasons why my milkshake is better than yours
- no dairy! It’s all vegan and gluten-free.
- SO creamy! It’s more like an ice cream shake!
- frozen! The perfect treat for the summer!
- ready in 5 minutes!
- perfectly sweet without white sugar. it’s sweetened with bananas and maple syrup.
- toss all the ingredients for the shake in a blender and DONE.
- it’s topped with homemade chocolate sauce. HOMEMADE CHOCOLATE SAUCE.
- …and yes, it brings all the boys to the yard. At least my boyfriend was crazy about it!
This is a much healthier and completely plant-based version of your favorite Chocolate Milkshake! It's topped with soy whip, homemade chocolate sauce and shaved chocolate. The perfect treat for hot summer days! Ready in 5 minutes!
- 3 frozen bananas (peeled, cut in chunks, and frozen overnight)
- 3/4 cup rice milk (I used sweetened rice milk)
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder (dutch processed)
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
For the chocolate sauce, whisk together the coconut oil, maple syrup, and cocoa powder. Set aside.
For the chocolate milkshake, put the frozen bananas, rice milk, cocoa powder, and maple syrup in a high-speed blender and blend until completely smooth.
Pour the milkshake into a tall glass, add the soy whip, drizzle with the homemade chocolate sauce and sprinkle shaved chocolate on top. Enjoy!
Did you make this Vegan Chocolate Milkshake? Leave a comment and please rate the recipe for other users! If you post a photo on instagram, use the hashtag #elephantasticvegan and tag me via @elephantasticvegan to make sure I’ll see it ^.^ I love to see all your lovely creations! Thanks! <3