These Vegan Chocolate Overnight Oats are the perfect breakfast for you if you want to eat healthily but at the same time, you want it to taste like dessert. I’ve topped them with banana slices, almond butter, and grated chocolate. So good!
I’ve had way too many bread-and-spread-breakfasts lately, it’s time to get a healthy breakfast habit going again! I think I said something similar the last time I made these Blueberry Overnight Oats.
And when I’m saying healthy, it’s secretly healthy because these vegan Chocolate Overnight Oats definitely do not taste healthy at all! Instead, they taste like a decadent dessert. But there’s no dairy and no white sugar. The only ‘unhealthy’ thing in there is the grated chocolate but it’s just a sprinkle, so it doesn’t really count.
The Ingredients for Chocolate Overnight Oats
Here’s what you’ll need for these Overnight Oats:
- rolled oats
- plant-based milk
- maple syrup (or your preferred sweetener)
- cocoa powder (dutch-processed is best!)
- almond butter (topping)
- banana slices (topping)
- grated chocolate (topping as well)
The toppings are highly customizable. You could also use other fresh fruit (raspberries would be a nice match!), peanut butter, and cocoa nibs.
How to make Overnight Oats
Overnight oats are super easy and quick to prepare because you won’t need a stove and the oats will soften in the fridge overnight. In the morning, you’re waking up knowing that a delicious breakfast is already waiting for you. This makes it easy to keep up healthy habits (at least for me!).
- Combine plant-based milk with rolled oats in the ratio 1:1 (for this recipe I’ve also added maple syrup and cocoa powder). Give it a good mix.
- Let it thicken in the fridge overnight.
- The next morning, add a splash of plant-based milk (optional, but I like it more that way!) and give it another stir.
- Add toppings and enjoy.
If you don’t have a lot of time in the morning, or if you’re eating at school/university/work, this is the perfect breakfast. It’s fuss-free and you can take it to go!
Healthy Vegan Chocolate Overnight Oats
Overnight Oats Base
- 1 teaspoon almond butter
- 9 banana slices
- 1/4 teaspoon grated chocolate
- In a bowl, combine the almond milk, maple syrup, and cocoa powder. Mix. Add the rolled oats and mix again. Fill it into a glass jar and let it sit in the fridge for at least 4 hours (best is overnight - hence the name).
- The next day, I like to add a tablespoon of almond milk to make the overnight oats more liquidy. Give it a quick stir. Then top it with almond butter, banana slices, and grated chocolate. Enjoy!
Did you make these vegan Chocolate Overnight Oats? Leave a comment and please rate the recipe for other users! If you post a photo on instagram, use the hashtag #elephantasticvegan and tag me via @elephantasticvegan to make sure I’ll see it ^.^ I love to see all your lovely creations! Thanks! <3