This is the easiest and quickest curry you’ll ever make: 15-Minute Vegan Chickpea Curry. You need chickpeas, tomato purée, coconut milk, and spices. That’s it! If you’re a fan of quick meals, you’re going to love this!
Whenever I don’t have a lot of time to cook or don’t feel like cooking at all, this Chickpea Curry is my go-to recipe. Why? Because …
- it can be made in 15 minutes!
- you’ll only need 3 staple ingredients: canned chickpeas, tomato purée/passata, and coconut milk.
- it’s vegan & gluten-free.
- it’s a one-pot meal.
- curries are my comfort food #1. Makes me feel better no matter how difficult of a day it was.
This curry is a real crowd-pleaser! We prepared a huge batch of this curry for a party lately and people LOVED it and asked me for the recipe. So here it is!
The base of the sauce
The sauce for this quick chickpea curry is really easy to make and very versatile. I also like to use this base for a variety of different curries. Add veggies, potatoes or tofu instead of chickpeas and boom… whole different curry!
You’ll only need two main ingredients for the sauce: tomato purée and coconut milk. It makes the creamiest and easiest sauce ever. I just love the combination of these two main flavors. To that, we add salt, garam masala, and ginger powder. Feel free to add cayenne pepper too if you like it spicy. Aaand we’re done. Told ya, easy!
Serve the Chickpea Curry with…
15-Minute Chickpea Curry (Vegan)
- In a large pot with canola oil over medium to high heat, add the chickpeas, salt, garam masala, and ginger powder. Give it a quick mix and let it cook on high heat for 3-4 minutes. Stir to prevent it from burning.
- Reduce the heat to low and add in the tomato purée and coconut milk.
- Stir and let it cook for about 5 minutes until hot. This is the point where you can adjust the curry to your taste by adding more coconut milk, salt, spices etc.
- Once the curry is hot and creamy, transfer it to a bowl, garnish with chopped cilantro and serve with basmati rice and Indian flatbread.
Did you make this 15-Minute Chickpea Curry? Leave a comment and please rate the recipe for other users! If you post a photo on instagram, use the hashtag #elephantasticvegan and tag me via @elephantasticvegan to make sure I’ll see it ^.^ I love to see all your lovely creations! Thanks! <3