Cook basmati rice to perfection each and every time! All you need is the perfect ratio of rice to water. No soaking, no draining!
If you love curries as much as I do, you know you will need the perfect fluffy basmati rice every time. This method uses the ideal ratio of rice to water. So no need to soak, drain, or anything. It will come out perfect each time.
The perfect rice to water ratio is: 1:1.5 – So this means 1 cup of rice and 1 1/2 cups of water.
This is called the absorption method because all of the water will be absorbed, and there is no leftover water to drain. Also because we’re bringing the water to a boil in the beginning and then reducing the heat, the bottom of the rice will not burn or stick to the pan.
This is the easiest, and most fuss-free version to cook rice. We keep the lid on the pot the whole time.
Basmati rice is a long-grain variety, that is perfect for curries. Basmati rice should be fluffy and not very sticky.
The recipe with 1 cup of rice, is enough for 2-3 people.
How to cook the perfect, fluffy Basmati Rice
You will need:
- basmati rice
The basic steps
Serve the basmati rice with
- Falafel Curry
- Palak Tofu
- Dal Makhani
- Sweet Potato Curry
- or any of these 15 Amazing Vegan Curry Recipes
Love it? Rate it!
I hope you enjoy this perfectly fluffy Basmati Rice as much as I do!
And don’t forget to rate the recipe if you like it, this helps other users figure out if it is worth a try!
- 1 cup basmati rice
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Into a medium-sized pot, add the basmati rice.
- Then add the water.
- Then add the salt. Give it a quick stir.
- Place the lid on the pot. Cook it over medium to high heat, until the water boils. Then reduce the heat to low to medium heat.
- Once all the water is absorbed (this will take about 15 minutes), the rice should be perfectly fluffy and soft. No need to strain, or do anything else. Just fluff it up with a fork.