Make your own flavorful Curry Hummus at home in only 5 minutes! Perfect for sandwiches, wraps, on bagels, or with veggie sticks.
Sometimes basic, plain hummus just doesn’t cut it. And for these times, I present to you: Curry Hummus!
Curry powder is one of the staple ingredients, along with the other ingredients needed for the hummus. So will never run out of a delicious spread to make.
Making the chickpea spread couldn’t be any easier. Just throw everything together in your food processor or blender and blend until smooth. And ready is your hummus – perfect for dipping (Easy Vegan Flatbread), for spreading on bread slices, in sandwiches or wraps, or whatever you have planned.
A note on the blender: In my opinion, a blender is the best way to make really creamy hummus. If you use a blender with a small container, it will be easier to make a smaller amount of hummus. I actually bought a small compact blender (like a NutriBullet or Ninja) for exactly this reason to make dips and sauces and love it! I can’t recommend it enough.
Health Tip: Legumes (chickpeas) and grains (bread; preferably whole wheat) are such a great combo. They are complementary proteins because when you combine them you will get all the essential amino acids.
How to make Curry Hummus
You will need:
- canned chickpeas (if you want to use dried chickpeas and want to soak and cook them yourself, follow the first 2 steps of my hummus with dried chickpeas recipe)
- lemon juice
- mild curry powder
- chili oil (optional, but really good if you like your hummus to have a little bit of spice; alternatively you can add a sprinkle of chili powder)
- optional toppings: olive oil and fresh cilantro (if you don’t like cilantro but want a green component on your hummus, you can use parsley instead)
The basic steps
More Hummus Recipes for you
- The Best Hummus made with dried chickpeas
- Oil-Free Spinach Hummus
- Roasted Pumpkin Hummus
- Za’atar Hummus
- Lentil Hummus
Love it? Rate it!
I hope you will enjoy this Curry Hummus as much as I do! Let me know if you give it a try!
And don’t forget to rate the recipe if you like it, this helps other users figure out if it’s worth making!
If you don’t want to miss out on any new recipes, subscribe to my newsletter, follow me on Instagram and Facebook!
- 2 cups canned chickpeas rinsed and drained
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 3 teaspoons lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon salt (and more to taste)
- 1 teaspoon mild curry powder + more for sprinkling on top
- 1/2 cup water (add more if it's too thick)
- 1 teaspoon chili oil (optional for a spicy kick)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil to drizzle on top
- 1 teaspoon fresh cilantro to sprinkle on top
- Put all the ingredients for the curry hummus in your blender or food processor.
- Blend until smooth (add more water if the consistency is too thick).
- Add the hummus to a plate, drizzle it with olive oil, and sprinkle it with more curry powder and fresh cilantro. Enjoy!