Make your own flavorful Curry Hummus at home. You only need 6 ingredients and 5 minutes! Perfect for sandwiches, wraps, on bagels, or with veggies.
Sometimes basic, plain hummus just doesn’t cut it. And for these times, I present to you: Curry Hummus!
Curry powder is one of the staple ingredients, along with the other ingredients needed for the hummus. So will never run out of a delicious spread to make.
Making the chickpea spread couldn’t be any easier. Just throw everything together in your food processor or blender and blend until smooth. And ready is your hummus – perfect for dipping, for spreading on bread slices, in sandwiches or wraps, or whatever you have planned.
Health Tip: Legumes (chickpeas) and grains (bread; preferably whole wheat) are such a great combo. They are complementary proteins because when you combine them you will get all the essential amino acids.
How to make Curry Hummus
You will need:
- canned chickpeas
- lemon juice
- mild curry powder
- and water
- optional toppings: olive oil & black sesame seeds
The basic steps
Step 1: Add the chickpeas, tahini, lemon juice, salt, curry powder, and water into a blender.
Step 2: Blend until smooth.
More Hummus Recipes for you
Love it? Rate it!
I hope you will enjoy this Curry Hummus as much as I do! Let me know if you give it a try!
And don’t forget to rate the recipe if you like it, this helps other users figure out if it’s worth making!
- 2 cups canned chickpeas rinsed and drained
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 3 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (and more to taste)
- 1 teaspoon mild curry powder
- 1/2 cup water (add more if it's too thick)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil to drizzle on top
- 1/2 teaspoon black sesame seeds to sprinkle on top
- Put all the ingredients for the curry hummus in your blender or food processor.
- Blend until smooth (add more water if the consistency is too thick).
- Top with olive oil, and black sesame seeds. Enjoy!