Healthy and delicious snacks are great for parties and for lazy days in front of the TV! If you’ve been around my blog some time, I’m sure you know that I have an addiction to making crackers! So it was only a matter of time before these vegan Pizza Crackers had to happen! These crackers contain dried oregano and tomato paste – these contribute to the typical pizza flavor.
If you’re looking for more cracker ideas – I’ve included a list of all the other cracker recipes at the bottom of this post.
First I’ve mixed all the dry ingredients in a bowl, then I’ve added the oil. On top you are seeing the tomato paste mixed with the water.
This is how the dough should look like – one smooth dough – not sticky.
Cutting the cracker with a pizza cutter is the fastest method.
- 1⅔ cup / 200g all purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons / 6g dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- ⅓ cup / 80ml water
- 1 tablespoon / 13g tomato paste
- Pre-heat the oven to 400°F/200°C.
- Combine the water and tomato paste and mix until the tomato paste has dissolved.
- In a mixing bowl add in the dry ingredients, whisk and then add in the tomato paste-water and olive oil. Mix and knead with your hands until it's a smooth dough. Add more flour if your dough is too sticky.
- On a floured baking sheet roll out the dough until evenly thin.
- Cut it with a pizza cutter length- and widthwise.
- Bake the cracker in the oven for about 20 minutes (until they get crispy).
Should you decide to give these vegan Pizza Cracker a try I’d love to hear how it went! Write me a comment or post a picture on instagram, use the hashtag #elephantasticvegan and tag me via @elephantasticvegan to make sure I’ll see it ^.^
Are you looking for other Crackers recipes? How about Whole Wheat Seed Cracker?