Recipe for vegan Pizza Cracker. Easy to make and they’re the perfect snack for parties! They contain dried oregano and tomato paste that gives them a typical pizza flavor.
Healthy and delicious snacks are great for parties and for lazy days in front of the TV! If you’ve been on my blog once or twice, I’m sure you know that I have an addiction to making crackers! So it was only a matter of time before these vegan Pizza Crackers had to happen! These crackers contain dried oregano and tomato paste – these contribute to the typical pizza flavor.
If you’re looking for more cracker ideas – I’ve included a list of all the other cracker recipes at the bottom of this post.
Tips for making the perfect crispy crackers
- The consistency of the dough: Flour, water, even altitude matter when making the dough, so it’s best to trust your instincts a bit when making the dough. Add water until you can make a smooth dough. If you’re not sure, it’s best to make it too wet than too dry, you can always work more flour into the dough while rolling out the crackers. A wetter dough is easier to roll out than one that is hard and crumbly.
- The cracker thickness: Roll out the dough as thin and as even as possible. This ensures even baking! If they are not thin enough, they will be rather chewy than crispy. The best way to do this is to roll out the dough on a lightly floured parchment paper, cut them, and then carefully pull the parchment paper with the crackers onto the baking sheet. It also helps if you take your time rolling out the dough..sometimes it looks like it doesn’t get any thinner. Then I walk away for one minute and come back..then the dough has relaxed a bit and can be rolled out easier and thinner.
- Rolling pin: A proper rolling pin helps a lot with rolling the dough evenly. It works best with a large rolling pin with rotating handles.
- Baking times: All ovens are different. Keep a close eye on them if you make them the first time. If a few of them start to puff up a bit, that’s a good sign! They should get slightly golden/brown. If you’re not sure, they should be crispy to the touch.
First I’ve mixed all the dry ingredients in a bowl, then I’ve added the oil. On top, you are seeing the tomato paste mixed with the water.
This is how the dough should look like – one smooth dough – not sticky.
Cutting the cracker with a pizza cutter is the fastest method.
Vegan Pizza Crackers
- 1 2/3 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/3 + 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- Pre-heat the oven to 400°F/200°C.
- Combine the water and tomato paste and mix until the tomato paste has dissolved.
- In a mixing bowl add in the dry ingredients, whisk and then add in the tomato paste-water and olive oil. Mix and knead with your hands until it's a smooth dough. Add more flour if your dough is too sticky.
- On a lightly floured parchment paper, roll out the dough as thin and even as possible.
- Cut it with a pizza cutter length- and widthwise.
- Carefully pull the parchment paper with the crackers onto a baking sheet.
- Bake the cracker in the oven for about 20 minutes (until they get crispy). Let them cool off a bit and enjoy!
Estimated Nutrition Info
Did you make these vegan Pizza Crackers? Leave a comment and please rate the recipe for other users! If you post a photo on instagram, use the hashtag #elephantasticvegan and tag me via @elephantasticvegan to make sure I’ll see it ^.^ I love to see all your lovely creations! Thanks! <3