Recipe for vegan Pizza Cracker. Easy to make and they’re the perfect snack for parties! They contain dried oregano and tomato paste that gives them a typical pizza flavor.
Healthy and delicious snacks are great for parties and for lazy days in front of the TV! If you’ve been around my blog some time, I’m sure you know that I have an addiction to making crackers! So it was only a matter of time before these vegan Pizza Crackers had to happen! These crackers contain dried oregano and tomato paste – these contribute to the typical pizza flavor.
If you’re looking for more cracker ideas – I’ve included a list of all the other cracker recipes at the bottom of this post.
First I’ve mixed all the dry ingredients in a bowl, then I’ve added the oil. On top you are seeing the tomato paste mixed with the water.
This is how the dough should look like – one smooth dough – not sticky.
Cutting the cracker with a pizza cutter is the fastest method.
Recipe for vegan Pizza Cracker. Easy to make and they're the perfect snack for parties! They contain dried oregano and tomato paste that gives them a typical pizza flavor.
- 1 2/3 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- Pre-heat the oven to 400°F/200°C.
- Combine the water and tomato paste and mix until the tomato paste has dissolved.
- In a mixing bowl add in the dry ingredients, whisk and then add in the tomato paste-water and olive oil. Mix and knead with your hands until it's a smooth dough. Add more flour if your dough is too sticky.
- On a floured baking sheet roll out the dough until evenly thin.
- Cut it with a pizza cutter length- and widthwise.
- Bake the cracker in the oven for about 20 minutes (until they get crispy).
I've had them with a smoky tomato sauce but they're awesome with some homemade Hummus as well!
Should you decide to give these vegan Pizza Cracker a try I’d love to hear how it went! Write me a comment or post a picture on instagram, use the hashtag #elephantasticvegan and tag me via @elephantasticvegan to make sure I’ll see it ^.^
Are you looking for other Crackers recipes? How about Whole Wheat Seed Cracker?