It’s been such a long time since I’ve posted the last cracker recipe but now the cracker-family got a new member: Golden Turmeric Cracker.
Turmeric is all the rage right now. According to this The Huffington Post article, turmeric has the power to tame heartburn or an upset stomach, prevent heart attacks, delay diabetes, fight cancer, protect the brain and curb joint pain. Convinced? Then you’ll definitely want to try my crackers with turmeric.
Just look at that beautiful golden color! I’m more than happy with how they turned out. If you’re a turmeric-fan, I’m sure you will love these! These are not only great for dipping, they also make an ideal addition to soup or risotto.
- 1⅓ cup / 150g all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- ⅓-1/2 cup / 100ml water
- Pre-heat the oven to 400°F/200°C.
- In a mixing bowl add in the dry ingredients, whisk and then add in the olive oil and water bit by bit. Mix and knead with your hands until it's a smooth dough. Add more flour if your dough is too sticky or add more water if it doesn't hold together.
- On a floured baking sheet roll out the dough until evenly thin (as thin as possible!).
- Cut the dough with a pizza cutter in large rectangles and then diagonally to create triangles.
- Bake the crackers in the oven for about 15-20 minutes* (until they get crispy and they get a slightly golden brown color on some). Let them cool off and enjoy!
If you give this Golden Turmeric Cracker recipe a try I’d love to hear how it turned out for you! Leave a comment or post a picture on instagram, use the hashtag #elephantasticvegan and tag me via @elephantasticvegan to make sure I’ll see it ^.^ I love to see all your lovely creations! Thanks! <3