Easy Almond Cream Cheese made with only 4 ingredients! This basic version is highly versatile – add chives, sun-dried tomatoes, or herbs for variations. It’s the perfect vegan spread for bagels!
I was making Everything Bagels recently and I was really craving cream cheese to smear on. I mean.. bagels and cream cheese just belong together, am I right?! That’s when I experimented with creamy nut-based vegan cheeses and I really loved that journey because the result was so good!
I created this basic Almond Cream Cheese recipe that is highly versatile and really easy to make.
How to make Almond Cream Cheese
You’ll only need 4 ingredients:
- blanched almonds (you could use regular almonds and remove the skins yourself (=tedious work, though!) or skip removing the skins when you’re okay with a darker cream cheese
- lemon juice
I told ya it’s easy!
Possible Add-Ins and Variations:
- (roasted) garlic
- a mix of herbs like oregano and basil
- sun-dried tomatoes
The Basic Steps
Not only the ingredients are basic, but the preparation is also super duper easy:
Serve the Almond Cream Cheese with…
- Everything Bagels
- Basic White Bread
- Vegan Seedy Bread
- Bread Chips
- Homemade Crackers
- raw veggies like carrot sticks, celery
Love it? Rate it!
I hope you will enjoy this Almond Cream Cheese as much as I do!
And don’t forget to rate the recipe if you like it, this helps other users figure out if it is worth a try!
If you don’t want to miss out on any new recipes, subscribe to my newsletter, follow me on Instagram and Facebook!
Almond Cream Cheese
- 1/2 cup blanched almonds (soaked overnight; see step 1)
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Soak the blanched almonds in water overnight. Rinse and drain.
- Place all the ingredients into a small blender or food processor and pulse until creamy. You might have to scrape down the sides a couple of times.
- Transfer the cream cheese to a bowl and let the cheese chill in the fridge for at least 1 hour before using it to allow it to thicken a bit. Then smear it on your bagel or bread slices! :)
Friday 5th of August 2022
Tried this and loved it. Easy and tasty!
Tuesday 24th of May 2022
Would almond flour work if I increased the liquid content?
Monday 10th of January 2022
Could I just use store night almond milk instead? How could I do that please? Thanks!
Monday 31st of January 2022
sorry, that won't work, you need some texture for the cheese.
Sunday 21st of November 2021
This looks great! Can I freeze it? I don't have bagels at the moment.
Sunday 13th of December 2020
How many ounces/grams is 1 serving.