Easy Almond Cream Cheese made with only 4 ingredients! This basic version is highly versatile – add chives, sun-dried tomatoes or herbs for variations. It’s the perfect vegan spread for bagels.
I was making Everything Bagels recently and I was really craving cream cheese to smear on. I mean.. bagels and cream cheese just belong together, am I right?! That’s when I experimented with creamy vegan cheeses and I really loved that journey because the result was so good!
I created this basic Almond Cream Cheese recipe that is highly versatile and really easy to make.
You’ll only need 4 ingredients:
- blanched almonds (you could use regular almonds and remove the skins yourself (=tedious work, though!) or skip removing the skins when you’re okay with a darker cream cheese
- lemon juice
I told ya it’s easy!
Possible Add-Ins and Variations
- a mix of herbs like oregano & basil
- sun-dried tomatoes
Not only the ingredients are basic, the preparation is super duper easy as well! Soak the almonds overnight. The next day, put all the ingredients in a food processor and pulse until creamy. Let it chill in the fridge and ready is the cheesy spread!
Serve the Almond Cream Cheese with…
- Everything Bagels
- Basic White Bread
- Vegan Seedy Bread
- Bread Chips
- Homemade Crackers
- raw veggies like carrot sticks, celery
I had the Almond Cream Cheese on my Everything Bagels and topped it with cherry tomato slices and sprinkled it with cracked pepper. It’s the perfect snack!
Almond Cream Cheese
- 1/2 cup blanched almonds (soaked overnight; see step 1)
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Soak the blanched almonds in water overnight. Rinse and drain.
- Place all the ingredients in a food processor and pulse until creamy.
- Transfer the cream cheese to a bowl and let the cheese chill in the fridge for at least 1 hour before using it to allow it to thicken a bit. Then smear it on your bagel or bread slices! :)
Estimated Nutrition Info
Did you make this vegan Almond Cream Cheese? Leave a comment and please rate the recipe for other users! If you post a photo on instagram, use the hashtag #elephantasticvegan and tag me via @elephantasticvegan to make sure I’ll see it ^.^ I love to see all your lovely creations! Thanks! <3