Homemade Bread Chips are a quick and delicious snack. These vegan Bread Chips are coated in garlic and herb oil and baked until perfectly crispy. Serve with hummus for example!
You know I’m a sucker for snacks. While I love to make homemade crackers, these bread chips are the perfect crispy alternative dipping snack / appetizer. They are quick to make and really easy.
Actually, they couldn’t be any easier:
- Cut bread, baguette or rolls (got 1-day old bread? even better!) in evenly thin slices.
- Brush with a mix of olive oil, garlic, parsley and salt.
- Bake the bread slices in the oven for about 10-15 minutes until crispy.
For these bread chips, I’ve coated them in oil, minced garlic and parsley, but of course, you can use different herbs and spices! You could also do a version with Italian herbs (oregano, basil, sage, rosemary and thyme) for example.
I’ve served these with oil-free green spinach hummus – I wanted to give the hummus more color, so it’s not just a blob of brown foods.
Alternative dips would be:
- Basic Hummus
- Garlic Sunflower Seed Sauce
- Cilantro Lemon Sunflower Seed Dip
- Potato Cheese Spread (or as we like to call it in Austria: Kartoffelkäse)
Crispy Bread Chips
- 2 bread rolls I used whole wheat bread rolls. You could also use a baguette!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves - minced
- 1 teaspoon parsley - chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Pre-heat the oven to 400°F/200°C.
- Cut the bread rolls in equally thin slices. If they are really big, you can cut them in halves again. Lay them flat on a baking tray lined with parchment paper, the bread slices shouldn't overlap each other.
- Combine the olive oil, minced garlic cloves, parsley, and salt. Brush the mixture onto the bread slices.
Estimated Nutrition Info
Did you make these Crispy Bread Chips? Tag @elephantasticvegan on instagram and use the hashtag #elephantasticvegan to make sure I’ll see them :)