Homemade Bread Chips are a quick and delicious snack. These vegan Bread Chips are coated in garlic and herb oil and baked until perfectly crispy. Serve with hummus for example!
You know I’m a sucker for snacks. While I love to make homemade crackers, these bread chips are the perfect crispy alternative dipping snack / appetizer. They are quick to make and really easy.
Actually, they couldn’t be any easier:
- Cut bread, baguette or rolls (got 1-day old bread? even better!) in evenly thin slices.
- Brush with a mix of olive oil, garlic, parsley and salt.
- Bake the bread slices in the oven for about 10-15 minutes until crispy.
For these bread chips, I’ve coated them in oil, minced garlic and parsley, but of course, you can use different herbs and spices! You could also do a version with Italian herbs (oregano, basil, sage, rosemary and thyme) for example.
I’ve served these with oil-free green spinach hummus – I wanted to give the hummus more color, so it’s not just a blob of brown foods.
Alternative dips would be:
- Basic Hummus
- Garlic Sunflower Seed Sauce
- Cilantro Lemon Sunflower Seed Dip
- Potato Cheese Spread (or as we like to call it in Austria: Kartoffelkäse)
Homemade Bread Chips are a quick and delicious snack. These are coated in garlic and herb oil and baked until perfectly crispy. Serve with hummus! Yumm!
- 2 bread rolls I used whole wheat bread rolls. You could also use a baguette!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves - minced
- 1 teaspoon parsley - chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
Pre-heat the oven to 400°F/200°C.
Cut the bread rolls in equally thin slices. If they are really big, you can cut them in halves again. Lay them flat on a baking tray lined with parchment paper, the bread slices shouldn't overlap each other.
Combine the olive oil, minced garlic cloves, parsley, and salt. Brush the mixture onto the bread slices.
Did you make these Crispy Bread Chips? Tag @elephantasticvegan on instagram and use the hashtag #elephantasticvegan to make sure I’ll see them :)