If you want a romantic pasta recipe, but you don’t want to spend all evening in the kitchen: You’ll love this Quick Date Night Pasta with Asparagus and Cashew Parmesan!
When I think of Date Night… I think of pasta – especially pasta with red sauce. Roasted seasonal veggies (hello asparagus, it’s so nice to have you here!) tossed in a delicious tomato sauce with penne, sprinkled with fresh oregano and homemade cashew parmesan. Maybe a glass of red wine. And maybe the weather is nice enough to eat it on the balcony. Maybe it’s even dark enough for candles. That’s a perfect romantic dinner for me.
While I love cooking excessively and spending lots of time in the kitchen – I don’t necessarily need that on Date Night. This vegan pasta with asparagus and cashew parmesan can be made in just a couple of minutes. While the pasta cooks, you can prepare the sauce and everything will be ready just in time.
More Vegan Date Night Recipes
- Spaghetti Bolognese
- Pomegranate Gin Fizz
- Fruity & Purple Spaghetti Bolognese
- Vegan Chocolate Pralines
- Heart-Shaped Churros
I hope you will enjoy this recipe as much as I did! Let me know if you give it a try!
If you don’t want to miss out on any new recipes, subscribe to my newsletter, follow me on Instagram and Facebook!
Quick Date Night Pasta with Asparagus and Cashew Parmesan
- 2 cups egg-free penne
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 red onion
- 8 green asparagus
- 1/3 zucchini
- 1/2 teaspoon salt + more to taste
- 15 cherry tomatoes , halved
- 1 1/2 cup tomato purée/passata
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- fresh oregano for garnish
- Homemade Cashew Parmesan
- Boil the penne in a large pot with water.
- Meanwhile, peel and chop the onion. Remove the woody ends off the asparagus and peel the 1/3 lower end. Cut the asparagus in bite-sized chunks. Cut the zucchini in cubes.
- In a large pan, heat the olive oil and toss in the chopped onion. Let it cook on medium to high heat until the onion is translucent. Then add in the asparagus and zucchini. Season with salt and let it cook while stirring occasionally until the asparagus softens. Add the halved cherry tomatoes and let it cook until they're warm.
- Reduce the heat and add in the tomato passata and dried herbs. Add more salt to taste.
- Once the sauce is hot, the penne should be done by now. Drain them and add them to the pan. Give everything a good mix. Sprinkle with fresh oregano. Serve and sprinkle with Cashew Parmesan!
Sunday 26th of July 2020
This pasta looks so perfect and tasty. Thank you so much for the recipe.
Natalie | Feasting on Fruit
Thursday 25th of May 2017
Date night with me, myself, and ALL the cheesy pasta!! 😂 But I actually totally agree, something about pasta and Italian-inpsired flavors does feel like the perfect date night meal. And fresh veggies added in sounds so wonderfully spring-y too!
Saturday 27th of May 2017
Ever since watching the second season of 'Master of None', I've been making so much pasta, pizza and lasagna :D I love Italian food. <3
Strength and Sunshine
Tuesday 23rd of May 2017
Pasta does seem to be the first thing that comes to mind ;) This dish looks delicious! I'll just have to have an impromptu date might myself ;)
Saturday 27th of May 2017
Thank you, Rebecca! Having a big bowl of comforting pasta is just as delicious alone or with family or friends :)