If you want a romantic pasta recipe, but you don’t want to spend all evening in the kitchen: You’ll love this Quick Date Night Pasta with Asparagus and Cashew Parmesan!
When I think of Date Night.. I think of pasta – especially pasta with red sauce. Roasted seasonal veggies (hello asparagus, it’s so nice to have you here!) tossed in a delicious tomato sauce with penne, sprinkled with fresh oregano and homemade cashew parmesan. Maybe a glass of red wine. And maybe the weather is nice enough to eat it on the balcony. Maybe it’s even dark enough for candles. That’s a perfect romantic dinner for me.
While I love cooking excessively and spending lots of time in the kitchen – I don’t necessarily need that on Date Night. This vegan pasta with asparagus and cashew parmesan can be made in just a couple of minutes. While the pasta cooks, you can prepare the sauce and everything will be ready just in time.
Quick Date Night Pasta with Asparagus and Cashew Parmesan
- Boil the penne in a large pot with water.
- Meanwhile, peel and chop the onion. Remove the woody ends off the asparagus and peel the 1/3 lower end. Cut the asparagus in bite-sized chunks. Cut the zucchini in cubes.
- In a large pan, heat the olive oil and toss in the chopped onion. Let it cook on medium to high heat until the onion is translucent. Then add in the asparagus and zucchini. Season with salt and let it cook while stirring occasionally until the asparagus softens. Add the halved cherry tomatoes and let it cook until they're warm.
- Reduce the heat and add in the tomato passata and dried herbs. Add more salt to taste.
- Once the sauce is hot, the penne should be done by now. Drain them and add them to the pan. Give everything a good mix. Sprinkle with fresh oregano. Serve and sprinkle with Cashew Parmesan!
Estimated Nutrition Info
Did you make this Quick Date Night Pasta with Asparagus and Cashew Parmesan? Tag @elephantasticvegan on instagram and use the hashtag #elephantasticvegan. Don’t forget to subscribe to the Elephantastic Vegan Newsletter to see Reader Remake Features!