Super easy recipe for Fruity & Purple Spaghetti Bolognese. Uses purple carrots for the sauce. It’s vegan!
Today I’m sharing with you a recipe for a Fruity & Purple Spaghetti Bolognese! Not only does it look amazing (isn’t this dish just perfect for a romantic date night?!) but it’s also rich in flavor and a bit sweet from the carrots. I’d totally recommend not to miss out on that awesome homemade Cashew Parmesan. (I think I’ve been using it on pretty much any meal lately)
You could easily make this dish gluten-free if you use gluten-free noodles.
Remember those gorgeous purple carrots that I’ve used in the Purple Carrot Salad, well I still had some left. So I figured why not to use them in a Bolognese Sauce?
The sauce has a gorgeous purple color and it’s fruity and delicious! I think the purple carrots have a bit sweeter taste than regular carrots.
I’ve topped the Spaghetti Bolognese with fresh oregano, basil, and homemade Cashew Parmesan. It was a lovely combination and it’s for the looks too!
More vegan pasta recipes you’ll love!
- A non-purple version of Vegan Spaghetti Bolognese
- Tomato Olive Pasta
- Avocado Basil Cream Pasta
- Quick Date-Night Pasta with asparagus
I hope you will enjoy this recipe as much as I did! Let me know if you give it a try!
Fruity & Purple Spaghetti Bolognese
- In a large pot heat the water for the pasta with 1/2 teaspoon of salt and cook the noodles.
- While the noodles are cooking, peel the carrots and the garlic cloves and put both in a food processor. Process until fine.
- In a smaller pot, heat a teaspoon of canola oil and pour in the shredded carrots & garlic.
- Let it cook for about 5 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add in the tomato purée, balsamic vinegar, ground pepper and salt.
- Let it cook for about 10 minutes, until it is hot & a bit reduced. Taste & add more salt to taste.
- Place the cooked Spaghetti Noodles on a plate, add the Purple Bolognese Sauce and top with Cashew Parmesan, oregano and basil.