Yeay to vegan bowls! Especially when they’re filled with curried couscous, broccoli, crispy tofu and BBQ sauce. This is such an easy lunch, but rich in protein and very delicious. It’s also a great lunch to take to work/school/university and you can mix and match the veggies. Broccoli is one of my fav veggies everrrr, so I couldn’t miss that one in the recipe. If you’re looking for more dishes, that you can take to work/school/university, you might want to have a look at the Mediterranean Couscous, German Noodle Salad, Simple Onion Couscous, Deconstructed Sushi Bowl, Healthy & Vegan Carrot Rice & Enoki California Roll.
You can use either store-bought or homemade BBQ sauce (just make sure it’s vegan).
- Heat the water for the couscous in a large pot, add in ¼ teaspoon curry powder and ¼ teaspoon salt.
- Wash the broccoli and cut it in small florets.
- Once the water is boiling, take the pot off the stovetop and add in the couscous and put the lid back on (the couscous will be ready in a minute or two).
- Heat a large pan with ½ teaspoon canola oil and put the broccoli florets in there and put the lid on and let it roast on medium-high heat for a couple of minutes until the broccoli softens.
- Fluff the couscous with a fork, add in the softened broccoli and give it a good mix.
- Cut the tofu slices in triangles.
- Add 1 teaspoon of canola oil in the large pan, add ¼ teaspoon curry powder and salt to taste and tilt the pan so the bottom is covered with spiced oil. Place in the tofu triangles and let it pan-fry for about 5 minutes on high heat on each side.
- Once the tofu is crispy you can start dividing the couscous and broccoli on two plates and place the tofu triangles on top & drizzle with your favorite BBQ sauce.
Should you decide to give this delicious couscous dish a try I’d love to hear how it went! Write me a comment or post a picture on instagram and tag me via @elephantasticvegan to make sure I’ll see it ^.^