Looking for a quick and easy, delicious and filling meal? How about a healthy, vegan Carrot Rice? It’s topped with cilantro and homemade cashew parmesan.
Sometimes I don’t have the time to cook super complicated meals – so something quick and easy is always welcome! What I love to make is this healthy & vegan Carrot Rice. It’s so good with chopped cilantro (which I love recently!!) and with homemade Vegan Cashew Parmesan (which I always have at home!).
I love my homemade Cashew Parmesan – It’s so easy to make and it’s such a great addition to noodles, rice, pizza, lasagne,.. even salad! If you haven’t tried it yet – you totally should! It’s life changing :)
Healthy & Vegan Carrot Rice
- 1 cup parboiled rice
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 3 small carrots (or 1 large one)
- 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon chopped cilantro
- homemade Cashew Parmesan
- Prepare the Cashew Parmesan according to the recipe.
- Cook (with the lid on!) the rice on medium low heat with 1 1/2 cups of water along with the salt and lemon juice until all the water is absorbed.
- Peel the carrots and cut them in smaller pieces.
- Put the carrots in a food processor and chop until they're in fine pieces.
- In a large pan, add the olive oil and turn it on medium high heat.
- Add the carrot pieces. Stir occasionally. After 3-4 minutes, once the carrot pieces are soft, add the rice.
- Add additional salt and lemon juice to taste.
- After a minute or two it's ready to serve.
- Top with the chopped cilantro and Cashew Parmesan.