Recipe for a vegan German Noodle Salad, that is perfect to bring to BBQs or Potlucks! It’s ideal for hot summer days and ready in 30 minutes or less!
This vegan German Noodle Salad is the perfect dish for the summer because it’s served cold and really easy to make. No need to stand in the hot kitchen for hours, but you can make this dish in 30 minutes or less! I’ve used penne noodles (make sure they are are egg-less), corn (I’ve used a corn on the cob but you could use canned corn as well), mini cucumbers (no mini cucumbers? simply use about 1/3 of a regular cucumber), vegan mayo and topped it with fresh parsley from the balcony garden.
We had a super spontaneous picnic coming up so I decided to whip these up because they’re that easy to make and I had everything at hand for this delicious dish, which could be used a side dish or salad or even a main meal. By the way, is it just me or is it in general super funny that this noodle dish is considered a “salad” – it makes it sound so much healthier than it is! It’s like a potato salad – you can’t really do that to the food group of salads. But here I am, calling it a noodle salad as well, because that’s the description I grew up with.
Vegan German Noodle Salad
- 4 cups vegan penne noodles
- 2 mini cucumbers
- 1 corn on the cob
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1/3 cup vegan mayonnaise (or store-bought)
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- In a large pot heat water and cook the corn on the cob for a few minutes.
- Take the corn on the cob out and pour the penne noodles in the hot water. Cook them according to the instructions.
- Meanwhile mix the vegan mayo with the lime juice, salt and the tablespoon of water until super creamy.
- Cut the mini cucumbers in small pieces and cut the corn off the cob with a knife.
- Once the noodles are cooked, drain them and pour cold water over the pasta until they're cold.
- Put the cold, drained pasta in a large bowl, add the seasoned mayo, the corn and the cucumbers bits and give it a good mix. Taste and add more salt to taste.
- Top with the chopped fresh parsley and enjoy! (Or keep it in the fridge until serving time)
Estimated Nutrition Info
If you give this perfect summer dish a try I’d love to hear how it went! Write me a comment or post a picture on instagram and tag me via @elephantasticvegan to make sure I’ll see it ^.^