This flavorful and quick-to-make Mediterranean Couscous with olives, artichokes, dried tomatoes & parsley is perfect to bring to BBQs and potlucks!
This Mediterranean Couscous is awesome bring to BBQs and Potlucks! I love the combination of green olives, artichokes, dried tomatoes, and parsley all year around, but it’s especially great in the summer!
You can serve the couscous either warm or cold – which makes it the perfect side dish to bring to any gatherings.
It’s amazing how quickly this couscous dish can be made. While the couscous soaks, you can chop the add-ins. Then combine everything, and done!
Couscous is the perfect choice if you need the food – like NOW!
We actually had a super spontaneous picnic at the riverside and I brought this dish. It’s also a neat and healthy dish for the summer – add some fresh roasted veggies, tofu, or tempeh and you’ll have a quick and easy lunch!
How to make Mediterranean Couscous
As always, you will find the whole recipe in the box below but I want to give you an overview of the ingredients and basic steps first.
The Ingredients (& possible substitutions)
You will need:
- lemon juice (or lime juice)
- za’atar seasoning
- fresh parsley (you can also add cilantro if you want to pursue a different flavor direction)
- green olives
- sun-dried tomatoes (in oil)
- canned artichokes
The basic steps
More couscous recipes
- Simple Onion Couscous
- Golden Couscous Side Dish
- BBQ Couscous Bowl with Tofu
- Couscous Stuffed Butternut Squash Boat
- Couscous-Stuffed Acorn Squash (+Video)
Love it? Rate it!
I hope you will enjoy this Mediterranean Couscous as much as I do! Let me know if you give it a try!
And don’t forget to rate the recipe if you like it, this helps other users figure out if it’s worth making!
- Heat the water for the couscous in a large pot, add in the lemon juice, za'atar and salt.
- Once the water is boiling, take the pot off the stovetop and add in the couscous and put the lid back on (the couscous will be ready in a minute or two).
- Meanwhile, chop the parsley, olives, artichokes, and dried tomatoes into small pieces.
- Fluff the couscous with a fork, add in the chopped olives, artichokes, tomatoes, and parsley and give it a good mix. Serve it either warm or cold!