Looking for a vegan Pizza Recipe? Try this vegan Antipasti Pizza. It’s topped with artichokes, olives and fresh basil and oregano!
Lately I’ve tried artichokes for the first time of my life. Oh my god… how was I able to live without them? They are fantastic! So I decided so try some antipasti pizza. I made a variation of the pizza dough and added some rye flour. The pizza was really filling and delicious. Now that I know that artichokes are super yummy, I have to buy fresh ones soon…
Ingredients for the pizza dough
Ingredients for pizza toppings
- 1 cup tomato purée*
- salt & pepper and garlic powder
- your favorite vegan cheese shreds
- 4 pieces canned artichokes in oil
- fresh basil and oregano
- 10 pitted olives
- a little bit of herb oil (optional)
- For the pizza dough, put all the ingredients in a kitchen machine or mix by hand and let it rise until it doubles in size.
- Preheat the oven to 480°F/250°C.
- Form two balls with the dough and roll out each of it until it's a nice pizza base. At this step I already put the pizza base on a baking sheet and tray.
- Add sieved tomatoes and the spices and spread it over the base.
- Next up is adding the cheese for the ground base (where I used Wilmersburger Pizzaschmelz).
- Cut olives and artichokes into smaller pieces and put it on the pizza.
- Drizzle a little bit of flavored oil over the pizza, if you have some at hand. (I used the oil from the pickled artichokes, which was flavored with different herbs)
- Put the pizza in the oven and bake for 10-15 minutes.
- After baking sprinkle the fresh oregano & basil over it.
Estimated Nutrition Info
Should you decide to give this Antipasti Pizza a try I’d love to hear how it went! Write me a comment or post a picture on instagram, use the hashtag #elephantasticvegan and tag me via @elephantasticvegan to make sure I’ll see it ^.^ I love to see all your lovely creations! Thanks! <3