Homemade pizza crust, vegan cheese, olives, sun-dried tomatoes, and artichokes = this makes the perfect Antipasti Pizza!
You know that feeling when you’re craving salty antipasti but you also know that you will eat pizza that day? You can combine those cravings and make a delicious, hearty Antipasti Pizza.
The pizza dough
As for the pizza crust, I am using my simple homemade pizza crust recipe. You’ll need 1-2 hours for the dough to rise because of the yeast. You can also prepare the dough in advance the day before, keep it in the fridge overnight, and take it out an hour before making the pizzas.
If you’re looking for a quicker alternative, then this yeast-free vegan pizza dough is the way to go.
As for the tomato sauce, I am using tomato passata seasoned with dried oregano and salt. You can also use (pre-seasoned) tomato sauce, canned diced tomatoes, or make your own tomato sauce if you’re feeling fancy.
The vegan cheese
On top of the tomato sauce layer goes the vegan cheese. Vegan cheese needs moisture to melt better that’s why we always want to put the cheese directly over the sauce. You can use your favorite vegan cheese shreds here. I used Bedda, which is a german brand. If you want to make your own cheese, you can use this Nooch Cheese Sauce, Cashew Mozzarella, or Baked Almond Feta.
Then you can go crazy with the rest of the toppings, but I’ve added green olives, sun-dried tomatoes, and artichoke hearts. This is THE perfect antipasti variation for me.
Bonus points if you have fresh basil, oregano, or arugula to add on top after baking.
You can use the dough to make thick or thin pizzas. Of course, the baking times will vary on the thickness of your pizzas, so keep that in mind.
More vegan Pizza Recipes
- Vegan Breakfast Pizza with tofu scramble and seitan sausages
- Mini Pretzel Pizzas with cider cheese sauce
- Grilled Veggie Pizza
- Vegan Chanterelle Pizza
- Pumpkin Pizza with zucchini and caramelized onions
- Whole Wheat Roasted Veggie & Tempeh Pizza
Love it? Rate it!
I hope you will enjoy this vegan Antipasti Pizza as much as I did! Let me know if you give it a try!
And don’t forget to rate the recipe if you like it, this helps other users figure out if it is worth a try!
Vegan Antipasti Pizza
Ingredients for the homemade crust
- 2 cups all-purpose flour + more to dust the dough and surfaces
- 1 teaspoon instant yeast
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon olive oil + more to coat the dough
- 2/3 cup water
Ingredients for the Antipasti Pizza
- 1/2 cup tomato passata
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 4 tablespoons vegan cheese shreds
- 1/2 cup green olives sliced
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes (canned in oil) – sliced
- 4 artichokes (canned in oil or brine) – sliced
- fresh basil to add on top after baking
Instructions for the homemade crust
- Combine the flour, instant yeast, and salt in a mixing bowl. Add the olive oil and water. Mix and knead by hand until it's a soft, non-sticky dough or put all the ingredients in a kitchen machine and let the machine knead the dough for you. Finetune the dough: If it's too sticky, add more flour. If it's too crumbly, add more water.
- Coat the ball of dough in a drizzle of olive oil. Cover the bowl with a clean kitchen towel and let the dough rise until it has doubled in size (2-3 hours depending on the room temperature).
Instructions for the Antipasti Pizza
- Preheat the oven to 400°F/200°C.
- Divide the dough into two equal parts. Carefully roll it out on a lightly floured parchment paper into two pizza crusts (don't use too much pressure). You can stretch it a bit with your hands until it has the right shape.
- Transfer the crust on the parchment paper onto a baking tray. Top the pizza dough with tomato passata, salt, and oregano. Spread the tomato sauce around. Then add the vegan cheese shreds, olives, sun-dried tomatoes, and artichokes.
- Bake the pizza for about 10 minutes until the crust is golden and crispy. Top with fresh basil and enjoy!