Wild Garlic Pesto Swirl Bread is one of the pleasures of wild garlic season. The pesto and the bread are so easy to make. It’s super flavorful and fluffy!
It’s wild garlic season again – Yippieh! 2 years ago, I couldn’t have cared less about wild garlic, but since I’ve been making these Wild Garlic Pesto Snails last year (and I ate way too much of them), I’ve been converted to the Wild Garlic-Lovers ^.^ So a Wild Garlic Pesto Swirl Bread had to happen sooner or later.
For this Swirl Bread, I’ve used the same recipe for my nut-free Wild Garlic Pesto, that I used last year. I still like it, because it uses sunflowers seeds instead of pine nuts (much cheaper!). The bread is so good when fresh out of the oven. If you use it the next day, I suggest slicing and toasting it, then it’s warm and super fluffy again.
SERVE IT WITH…
You can serve the bread with soup, roasted root vegetables or simply enjoy it on its own. It’s so flavorful!
- spreads (basic hummus, spinach hummus, potato cheese spread)
- creamy soups (carrot ginger soup, broccoli soup)
- stews (goulash, chili con carne)
The bread is actually really easy to make. Once you have the dough, roll it out like pizza, spread the wild garlic pesto on top, roll it in, close the edges, you can twist the bread for a more rustic look, brush it with olive oil and bake it! So easy!
- 1/4 cup nut-free wild garlic pesto
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon instant yeast
- olive oil for brushing the surface
- Prepare the wild garlic pesto.
- Mix all the ingredients for the dough and knead by hand until a soft dough forms or put all the ingredients in a kitchen machine and let the machine knead the dough for you.
- Let the dough sit until it doubles in size (about 1-2 hours).
- Preheat the oven to 250 °C or 480 °F.
- Roll out the dough like a pizza and spread the pesto on it. Roll it in and close the edges. You can twist the bread for a more rustic look.
- Brush the surface with olive oil and then bake the bread in the oven for about 25 to 30 minutes, until the surface gets a nice golden color.
If you give this Wild Garlic Pesto Swirl Bread a try I’d love to hear how it turned out for you! Leave a comment or post a picture on instagram, use the hashtag #elephantasticvegan and tag me via @elephantasticvegan to make sure I’ll see it ^.^ I love to see all your lovely creations! Thanks! <3