These vegan and easy-to-make Wild Garlic Pesto Pinwheels are the perfect snack for parties! The recipe uses homemade Wild Garlic Pesto.
In the Wild Garlic Pesto post, I promised a delicious recipe to make with the pesto – and here it is: Wild Garlic Pesto Pinwheels. They are super easy to make and awesomely delicious. They are flaky and super garlic-y! Even my boyfriend loved them and he doesn’t even like wild garlic! They are the perfect snack for parties because they are finger food and so quick to make! Oh – and they look cute!
The recipe uses the homemade Wild Garlic Pesto & vegan Cashew Parmesan from the blog. Once you have those they are super quick to make. You should always have Cashew Parmesan at home – because it’s the most awesome thing to sprinkle over pasta, risotto and so much more!
To start with the Pesto Pinwheels just roll out the vegan pastry dough…
… spread out the Wild Garlic Pesto with a spoon or knife…
… and sprinkle over the Cashew Parmesan.
Roll it in.
Close the edge by pressing it down carefully.
Cut the roll in about 30 slices. It helps if you wet the knife, you’ll be able to cut through easier!
Place the pieces on a baking sheet and put them in the oven for about 10 to 15 minutes. They should get a lovely golden color! These awesome pinwheels are the reason why I’ll be looking forward to wild garlic season from now on!
Wild Garlic Pesto Pinwheels
- Prepare the Wild Garlic Pesto and vegan Cashew Parmesan!
- Pre-heat the oven to 400°F/200°C.
- Roll out the puff pastry dough.
- Spread the pesto on the puff pastry dough, leave out the bottom border.
- Sprinkle the vegan Cashew Parmesan on top.
- Roll the puff pastry dough in and close the edge.
- Cut the puff pastry dough roll in about 30 pieces.
- Place the Pesto Pinwheels on a baking sheet and place them in the oven for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Let them cool off a bit and enjoy!