These vegan lemon muffins with a lemon glaze are super soft, fluffy, and zesty! The perfect mix between sweet and sour!
I just love a good lemon cake but you know what’s even better? Easy to share, faster to bake, portion-controlled servings of cake – aka muffins :)
These vegan glazed lemon muffins are actually super easy to make; you only need staple ingredients (flour, sugar, baking powder, etc.) and lemons.
The muffins are crazy soft and fluffy, and of course for an added zesty kick, we’re adding a lemon glaze on top.
How to make Vegan Lemon Muffins
You will need:
- For the muffins:
- all-purpose flour
- white sugar
- baking powder
- baking soda
- coconut oil
- lemon juice
- plant-based milk
- For the glaze:
- powdered sugar
- lemon juice
The basic steps
More vegan muffin recipes you will enjoy
- Blueberry Marzipan Muffins
- Chunky Monkey Muffins
- PBJ Muffins with Peanut Butter Streusel
- Cherry Chocolate Muffins
- Blueberry Lemon Streusel Muffins
- Vegan Chocolate Muffins
- Never-Come-Empty-Handed Chocolate Chunk Muffins
Love it? Rate it!
I hope you will enjoy these zesty vegan lemon muffins as much as I did! Let me know if you give them a try!
And don’t forget to rate the recipe if you like it, this helps other users figure out if it is worth a try!
Vegan Lemon Muffins
- 1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup granulated white sugar (make sure it's vegan)
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2/3 cup plant-based milk e.g. oat milk
- 1/4 cup lemon juice freshly squeezed
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil melted
Ingredients for the glaze
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice freshly squeezed
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat the oven to 360°F/180°C.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the dry ingredients for the muffins, and whisk. Then add in the wet ingredients and whisk again until it's a smooth batter.
- Fill the batter into muffin wrappers in the muffin pan – the batter should be enough for 7 muffins.
- Bake them in the oven for about 15 to 20 minutes until they are getting a slightly golden color on top and you can use a wooden toothpick to check if they are baked all the way through.
- Let them cool off completely before adding the lemon glaze. For the glaze, whisk together the lemon juice and powdered sugar. Add more lemon juice for a thinner glaze, add more powdered sugar to thicken it up. It should be thick but pourable. Then add a dollop of lemon glaze onto each muffin, let them sit for a few minutes, and enjoy!